Nail casting is a new trend in manicure, created with the help of special metallic foil and gel paints. Nails in this design look impressive, elegant, rich. With such a manicure, there is no need to wear gold or silver jewelry, because the nails themselves create an impression of jewelry. Now we will learn how to do such a manicure at home, as well as what materials are needed for this.
Detailed instructions for creating casting on nails for beginners
In order to make such precious beauty on the fingers you need to prepare the following materials:
- foil (gold or silver),
- acrylic gels
- thin cysts to create drawings
- UV lamp
Step by step perform a manicure with casting:
Prepare the nail plate: make a correction, polish, degrease the surface.
We apply the selected color gel on the nail - the basis for the future design. You can make marigold colorless gel. Dry in the UV lamp for 2 minutes, remove the sticky layer.
With a dark-colored gel, we draw patterns on which a golden or silver sheet will be applied. And again we send fingers to the lamp.
Take the foil and press it with the matte side to the marigold. Sharply tear off, dry in the lamp for 3 minutes. We cover the nails with a layer of fixative, again we insert fingers into the lamp. At the end remove the sticky layer.
As you can see, making a manicure is easy, and the end result is striking in its beauty, delicacy and a sense of the complexity of the design.
The choice of manicure foil with imitation of gold
You can create a casting design only with the help of a special foil. It is of two types: transferable and invoice. Their difference is that when working with a transfer sheet, you first need to cut the desired pattern. Then this material is covered with a nail with a sticky layer, and fix the decor finish.
The transfer metallized sheet for molding more convenient in operation. Sold in the form of strips or sheets. It does not need to specifically cut. It is only necessary to cut a small piece and press it to the sticky gel layer. As a result, the metallized color is printed on the nail, and a colorless stain remains on the foil.
Manicure with gold and liquid stones
Very often, the design of nail molding is decorated with liquid stones. They create a very gentle, rich, luxurious neil image. Stones like real sparkle on the nails, turn into real jewels, act as a key design element, for example, owl eyes, tortoise shell, etc.
It is easy to make casting with liquid stones, the technique is as follows:
- Marigolds are covered with the base - gel varnish of the selected color, dried. Then they are removed from the sticky layer.
- The substrate is made of any shape for a liquid stone with the help of gel paint of a selected color. The substrate is drawn with a thin brush.
- A transfer sheet is taken for a manicure of a golden or silver color and is pressed against the substrate.
- Pattern is made around the substrate, conceived design.
- The sheet fits with the matte side to the pattern and retracts with a sharp movement of the hand. Can be repeated several times. In place of the pattern should be cast.
- To create voluminous nails used gel transparent color. The foil mixes the gel with colored shellac in order to create the effect of natural stone: turquoise, malachite, onyx, amber amethyst, agate, etc. A small ball of mixed gel paint is drawn with a brush and placed on a substrate. Dried in the lamp.
- Marigolds overlap top, dried in the lamp for 2 minutes. Removed the adhesive layer.
To create liquid stones, you can use a special coating of polymer or sculpted gel. With these materials, the stones will look naturalistic, more convex.
Reveal the secrets of how to make casting perfect
If your foil is not normally imprinted, it turns out stains, bald spots, then it means that you are doing something wrong. With our advice you can do the casting on the nails perfectly:
- If a gold or silver sheet is not transferred to a sticky basis at all, it means that you put it on the wrong side or bought a non-transfer foil.
- Before applying the top coat, dry the nails with the already applied decor in the lamp. So it will not cringe, its surface will remain perfectly smooth after the finish.
- How to make a casting effect on the nails so that the metallized decor does not imprint on the entire nail, but only on the drawing? To do this, be sure to remove the stickiness from the background coating and not remove it from the gel pattern.
- When printing the foil, be sure to press it tightly against the nail, and tear it off with a sharp movement of your hand.
- Do not be afraid to reapply the foil to the same place until the desired effect is achieved.
- Be sure to cover with the fixer all the nails, you can even in 2 layers to prevent the coating from erasing.
- Before you glue the metallized sheet, be sure to wipe it with a clinser to remove dust, plaque. Because all this affects the imprinting, the final result. After wiping the foil with a degreaser, wait a few minutes for the foil to dry.
- Buy high-quality foil, do not save on it, otherwise the design may fail, cheap foil is rarely well printed.
Variety of casting design on nails
Manicure with imitation casting can be done both on the lacquer and on the gel. Only in the first case, the drawing over the usual varnish is made with gel paint, then it is dried, a foil is printed on top, and finally the nail is covered with a varnish top.
For the first time doing the design of the molding on the nails, we recommend trying a simple pattern, for example, a jacket with divorces, plain patterns, manicure geometry or nails in a fruit style like cherry.
After the girl has her hand in hand, she can try various materials for the casting technique, gel paint, shellac, various types of foil, and you can proceed to more complex design options. For example, to combine various techniques in manicure, to make casting with complex drawings, to decorate nails with liquid stones, etc.
Casting, by the way, can be done on nails, both long and short. Only it is necessary to take into account that on a long plate the pattern is solid, complete.
Looks very nice cast in French manicure. In this case, it is the smile line that decorates the golden cast.
Nails with the effect of the luxury of precious metals can be made both on a monochromatic coating, and on a multi-colored, gradient.
Thanks to the gel and the foil, you can create a real jewelry masterpiece on your fingers. With the help of casting, you can turn even the most ordinary manicure into a design of extraordinary beauty. And, complementing it with liquid stones, you get a three-dimensional, three-dimensional, unique, luxurious design that will be ideally suited for special occasions.
Tools and equipment for manicure
To make a nail casting, it is not necessary to go to a beauty salon, any girl can create a magnificent manicure on her nails, you just have to practice a little and gain experience. To do this, she will also need to buy the necessary tools in a specialized nail art store: a set that includes several types of gel paints and foil shades, an ultraviolet lamp, and brushes.
The advantage of casting is the low price of the materials used. If you plan to perform a manicure not only for yourself, but also for your clients, then it is much more practical to purchase foil in rolls.
Nail Casting Foil Paint gel for casting nails UV lamp for casting nails
Two types of the metallized foil are issued:
- Transferable is a sheet and strips, which are stamped and ornamented. The foil is two-sided, the top layer is glossy, the bottom one is matte.
- Untranslated is used in aqua design. Pictures are cut out of the foil and are attached to the lacquer and covered with fixing means. Using a toothpick, the foil can be torn into pieces and lay out the original mosaic.
Modern materials for fashion nail art suggest different colors foil.
- Casting can cover the surface of the nail, as a whole, and partially, to create a variety of patterns, it all depends on the fantasy of fashion.
Manicure with casting
Foil can be applied on a black gel-paint with a sticky base and on a special glue. The first option is much more convenient for work, as the created image is clearly visible, but the transparent glue will merge with the background. For an experienced master there is no fundamental difference with which material to work.
Colored gels will be required in order to create a background base and various patterns. Also, to remove the sticky layer from the base coating, you need a special liquid on alcohol. Some manufacturers offer more comfortable impregnated wipes.
The process of mastering the casting on the nails is simple, but you need to be prepared for the fact that from the first time to reproduce a magnificent manicure may not work. Sometimes it’s not the inexperience of the master that is to blame for the unfortunate result, but poor-quality foil and gel, so you only need to purchase materials from a trusted manufacturer.
Quite often casting is combined with “liquid stones”. In this case, it is recommended to purchase a special stained glass gel, which creates the effect of a magnifying glass and makes the "stones" look like natural ones. For "liquid stones" it is better to use ready-made polymer decorations. The cost of such kits is also small - within 4 dollars.
Technique casting on nails
Casting technology will require certain skills from the beginner, as well as patience and perseverance.
- Apply to the nail plate polymerization gel - the basis of artistic composition. It is used both on the entire plate and in individual areas.
- Dry nails in the ultraviolet lamp. This procedure takes no more than 2 minutes, but it all depends on the material and the manufacturer's company. If not gel, but glue was used, it is necessary to consider that it dries a little longer.
- Gel black color to draw an ornament, it will later be pasted foil. For drawing a pattern it is necessary to use a thin brush. The lines should be as voluminous as possible, this ensures that the foil is firmly fixed.
- Dry the gel in the UV lamp again for exactly two minutes.
- Apply foil. Fasten it with a matte side on a sticky coating, press it with your hand, then tear it off with a sharp movement from the nail.
- To work out small design elements, apply the gel with a thin brush. Foil can be applied and plates, still an elegant pattern will remain only in those places where the gel was applied.
- The resulting figure to fix the locking means.
- If it is decided to combine the casting with liquid stones, then the gel of the selected color should be created for the future stone circuit. To obtain the effect of iridescence in the sun, it is recommended to use several shades.
- Apply stained gel, fix in a UV lamp.
- Cover the stone with a sculptural gel, giving the stones a volume, and fix it again in an ultraviolet lamp.
That's all, a luxurious manicure, which will cause admiration of others, is ready!
Tips for beginners
Women who only try their hand at the art of manicure with the help of metallized foil often face certain problems. The main one is that the foil either unevenly rests on the gel, or does not hold at all.
- Perhaps the point is the quality of the materials used. When working with lacquer or gel, which is used for the base, you need to pay attention to the fact that they must create a sticky surface, otherwise the foil will not be fixed. Another reason could be the wrong drying time. Before work, you should carefully read the instructions for the gel, since the basis of one manufacturer is sufficient to dry for 2 minutes, and the other will need to be processed 6–8 minutes.
- The foil should be applied in this way: tightly press the material used and tear off the nail plate. The procedure must be repeated as many times until it is brought to automatism. It so happens that, due to an overly large pattern, the foil cannot be applied evenly to the nail, and it is not printed everywhere. In this case, it must be reapplied.
- Do not neglect the finish coating, and to achieve the best result you will need two layers. This will protect the casting from quick erasure and scratches.
- Imitation of liquid molten metal is best done on extended nails or on tips, because adhesive materials can damage the surface of the nail plates. In addition, the casting is very difficult to remove, especially if the design includes a lot of decorative elements. To remove the manicure, you need to use acetone or a special remuver.
Popular nail art options with foil
The casting technique includes a variety of nail design options. You can draw a variety of patterns, such as flowers, curls, berries, shells, butterflies, create original stained glass and mosaic ornaments - there are no restrictions here.
Exquisite manicure using metallic foil is not quite suitable for everyday wear, but as a festive nail art at a party or wedding, it is more than appropriate, the main thing is not to overdo it with the elements of decor. It should be noted that the casting is short-lived, it will last two weeks, not more. Consider the most popular types of nail decor.
This stunning nail art is fallen in love with modern fashionable women the most. Gold casting with a white jacket capable of overshadowing the brilliance of expensive rings is ideal for special occasions. Gold looks most impressive on skin covered with a bronze or golden tan.
This trend in nail art is very relevant today. "Stones" are used in a duet with foil, which allows you to create not only drawings on your nails, but also whole compositions. Combining casting and "stones", you can achieve the effect of shining exquisite jewelry. "Stones", framed with silver or gold foil, look elegant and festive.
Such nail art is very fragile, but with careful handling it can last from 2 weeks to a month.
In that case, if you are at a loss with a choice of a shade of "liquid stones", stylists recommend to pick them up to the eye color.
First you need to learn how to draw simple unpretentious patterns and only then proceed to complex images.
Casting technique is not so difficult to perform. Use the above tips, and your marigold will always be in perfect order.
What it is?
Manicure with casting is a special technique that allows you to create interesting patterns on the nails, made as if from cast or forged metal parts.
But the metal is definitely not required, its role will be played by foil. Very often casting is combined with the creation of so-called liquid stones, you will also learn a little about them from this article. It looks very interesting and original both in the photo and in life.
What is required to create a manicure?
So, what will it take to build the casting on the nails?
- Base. It will increase the adhesion of the nail plate with nail polish and make the manicure more durable and durable.
- Foil. That it performs the function of casting, so that without it you just can not get along. There are two types of foil: translational and non-translational. It is much more convenient and easier to use a transfer because it is thinner and glued to the base. All that is required of you is to first create a pattern on the nail, painting it with varnish, special emulsion or glue, attach the foil, press it and hold it for a while, and then with a quick movement detach the base. As a result, the pattern will remain on the nail. Non-translational foil is also widely used, but casting with it is longer and a little more difficult. There are two options for creating patterns. The first is to cut them out of the foil in advance, and then attach them to the nails. This is hard work, so the quality of the finished manicure will depend on the manual dexterity and professionalism of the cutter. The second option is to cut the foil into small pieces and create prefabricated drawings from them. By the way, the foil can be of different colors. So you can make gold, silver, bronze, platinum and even multi-color or iridescent patterns.
- Transparent gel, special emulsion or adhesive for fixing foil. The most important thing is that the attachment should be sufficiently sticky and thick, otherwise the foil simply will not stick.
- As the main background, you can use any varnish, but it certainly must be of high quality and durable, since complex patterns will be created on it in several stages. He must endure all the manipulations.
- You will also need brushes. Prepare a few: thin (the so-called hair), angular, and the usual average. All of them must be of high quality.
- To speed up the process and improve the effect of manicure, use an ultraviolet lamp.
- Acrylic gels of different colors are required to create liquid stones. The combination of several colors will allow you to create stones that look like precious stones and that seem to be iridescent in the light. That's very beautiful. Обычно разноцветные гели покрываются витражным, он позволяет создать эффект кристалла или хрусталя, а нам именно это и потребуется. А чтобы сделать камушек выпуклым, используйте также густой скульптурный гель.It will give a natural volume and allow you to achieve maximum realism.
- To keep all the patterns longer, use a special protective gel. It is advisable to choose a gel without dispersion, so that the light does not reflect from the coating and does not diffuse, and all attention was focused on casting and stones.
How to do?
How to do the casting on the nails? There are many options. But if you have never done such a manicure and have no idea what it is, then it’s better to start with simple options in order to understand how to work with foil and hone your skills. We offer several options of different complexity.
You can make a full coverage of nail casting. To do this you will need:
- non-tear foil
- emulsion or glue for foil (transparent thick gel will do),
- fixing gel.
- First prepare the foil. Just pick it up into small pieces. To create a more original and multifaceted coating, you can use foil of different colors.
- Cover the nails with basic products and let them dry completely. You can hold them for 3-5 minutes under a UV lamp.
- Now proceed to the creation of casting. Start with one nail. Cover it with glue or emulsion and lay out pieces of foil like mosaic elements. Take the foil with tweezers, this is a real jewelry job. Each piece try to press.
- Let the glue dry and cover the nail with fixing gel in one layer.
- In the same way, cover the rest of your marigolds.
- Casting is ready!
Create chic liquid stones. To do this, prepare the following materials:
- tear-off foil
- basic tool
- brushes (medium hair, angular brush, as well as the average natural),
- black gel
- color acrylic gels,
- stained gel,
- thick sculptural gel
- protective gel (without dispersion).
- First, cover the nails with a basic tool and let it dry.
- Now take a brush with a hair and black lacquer paint the patterns of the future casting. Remember that you will create liquid stones, so leave room for them. Too thin patterned lines should not be, otherwise the foil simply does not imprint on the nails.
- Then you can go directly to the creation of the casting itself. Take a piece of tear-off foil, attach it with the reverse (matte side) to the patterns, press and hold gently for a few seconds to grip, and then tear off sharply. In the same way create patterns on all nails.
- When the patterns are dry, go on to create liquid stones. First, use the corner brush to paint the bottom of the future stone. Make neat strokes so that the colors seem to mix, move from one to another. This will create a spillover effect. Then, after drying the colored gels with an ordinary brush, coat the stone with a stained-glass gel and let it dry. The last stage is the coating with a sculptural gel. Do not feel sorry for him that the stone was voluminous. Create stones on the rest of the nails.
- Cover your nails with a fixative gel without dispersion. Fashionable liquid stones with casting ready!
You can make a cast french. You will need:
- the foundation,
- clear gel
- glue for foil,
- tear-off foil
- stencils to create a jacket.
How to do? It's simple:
- Cover your nails with a base coat. After it dries, apply clear varnish.
- Now attach the stencils for the jacket to the nails and cover the edges with foil glue. Without waiting for it to dry, attach the tear-off foil, hold it a little, pressing it against the nail, and tear it off.
- After the foil glue has completely dried (after about 5 minutes), apply a fixative.
Let your marigold be beautiful with the original cast!
What is the casting on the nails
Under the casting on the nail surface understand the kind of nail art using thin foil, which is used to create original drawings on the plane of the nail plate. The elements of the patterns are fixed to the nail surface with a special polymer gel by sticking to its sticky surface.
Effective cast picture looks when the nail plane has a significant size. Therefore, it is recommended to perform casting with extended or artificial nails. The spectacular glow of this material opens up unlimited possibilities of its use for creating luxurious design drawings on the nail plane.
The use of foil with gold glitter, which has become especially popular recently, in combination with red-black, violet, emerald and other bright colors of gels and varnishes made it possible to create festive spectacular patterns in the design solution of nail art. Using this material, you can decorate your nails with fancy patterns of curls, colors and geometric lines.
Step-by-step nail casting technique
The name “casting”, although it sounds daunting, is not difficult. In essence, casting is the application of an additional layer of gel polish in the form of a designed pattern. The only thing that can be difficult for beginners in home-made nail art is the mastering of patterns on a rise, from simple to complex. Not everyone will make an ideal monogram or flower the first time.
If you have experience in covering nail polish with gel polish and there is a standard kit for this (degreaser, primer, gel polish, top, etc.), then in addition you only need to purchase foil. It can be selected by type of translation or a standard type of nail foil. The difference between them is colossal: the translation is enough to lean against the sticky layer of gel varnish and after that a foil trace will remain in this place. Regular foil before use must be cut to the form of a poured pattern, which is much more difficult.
Casting transfer foil Plain Casting Foil
There is nothing supernatural in the casting technique, but to be sure of a successful result, it is better to follow the step-by-step instructions:
Step 1. Prepare the nails according to the classical scheme (make a manicure of the required type, remove the shiny nail layer with a buff).
Step 2. Defat the nail plate, apply a primer, if desired, make a layer of protective gel. Cure it. This can be done under the radiation of a UV lamp, but as a counterpart, you can dry the coating under open sunlight (if any, and the time of year allows).
Step 3. Paint your nails with a layer of gel polish with color (if it is provided by the design, then a transparent varnish can be used). Cure. If the gel varnish lacks color density, then you can re-apply another layer and polymerize. Remove the stickiness layer.
Step 4. Gel varnish of a different shade (so that the applied drawing is better visible, ideally black gel lacquer) make the intended three-dimensional pattern. This can be done with a special gel-paint and thin brush. Polymerize and do not remove the dispersion afterwards. In principle, the process of casting is completed, then it is only necessary to select a drawing using a special transfer foil (or ordinary).
Step 5. Lead a piece of foil-translation to the created pattern, pat it lightly with your finger over it so that the spraying can be transferred to the casting, then remove it. On the surface of the nail, where the casting pattern is located, there will remain a brilliant mark. If you use ordinary nail foil, then in advance it is necessary to cut out the desired pattern and lean against the sticky layer of casting.
Step 6. Fix the resulting nail design with a top and polymerize. If you want to get a matte result, then select a special top. You can also initially use matte foil.
Upon completion of the molding on one nail, you can proceed to the decor on the other nails, if it is provided for by the planned design. In addition, you can decorate your nails with paintings, decorations.
The presented step-by-step casting can be used after nail extension, on natural nails after coating with gel varnish. If the usual varnish is used, the technology of decorating nails is slightly different and the effect may not turn out as expected.
Luxury design can be done without applying a pattern, but simply using the sticky layer left behind. It is important to use both traditional gold foil and material with pearl effect, holographic, pearlescent or shimmer.
Beautiful manicure is obtained if you use foil to denote elements in popular manicure techniques: french, moonlight.
For example, white french in trend decorate with foil with minor effects: mother of pearl, shimmer. This is done like this:
- After staining the tip of the marigold in white, the gel polish is polymerized and does not remove the dispersion,
- Then you should take a piece of foil and lean it against the white tip. On the nail will remain the selected effect
- Secure design top and dry. Remove the variance.
By analogy, you can make another spectacular design, leaving a sticky gel trace on the nails in the right places: in the middle of the nail in the form of a strip, a hole, horizontal stripes, etc. For filigree clingy cleaning, you can use ear sticks or twisted cotton swabs of small size.
Painting nail gel polish
There are a lot of options for beautiful painting on accrued nails or gel varnishes. Of the popular design options, the following areas stand out:
- geometric patterns and other thematic elements,
- monograms and stylistically similar patterns, ornaments,
- flower theme
- marble effect,
- “Drops”, “reptile”, “scales”, etc.
The painting can be made gel varnish, but in some cases it is important to use the top, which will serve as the basis for the volumetric image.
Just make painting gel varnish on a natural nail does not work, you need an artificial coating in the form of a gel base or colored gel varnish.
The gel-based paint is convenient for painting with its consistency, because it is slightly thinner than a similar varnish. It often happens that it is impossible to create an impressive volume the first time. therefore, several layers of drying are required to create the intended design.
It is convenient to use the paint for a manicure jacket in any color solution for coloring the tip of the nail. Due to its minimum density, but high content of pigments, the paint falls flat and does not bulge out, and the left sticky layer after drying allows you to make your favorite effects with foil-translation.
Casting with glue
You can get a chance to cast on ordinary varnish with a special glue for foil. It can be applied to any surface: natural nail, enlarged, coated with ordinary varnish, gel varnish, gel, etc. This glue is an analogue of traditional gel polish casting.
For ease of application, such glue is equipped with a brush, it does not need to be dried in the lamp, and the fact that the glue is ready for use is indicated by a color change from white to transparent. Then you can safely use the foil, tightly leaning it against the surface of the marigold. If necessary, it can be straightened using silicone or rubber pusher. After completing the design, a top is applied over the foil print (if gel lacquer was used for the base) or a fixative for ordinary lacquer.
Casting with glue The option of casting on the nails with glue
Glue casting will not be able to replace the effect of volume, which is obtained with the use of gel coatings. But with its help it is convenient to make different designs, clearly controlling the location of the future print.
For the application of gold casting on the nails you will need high-quality foil. To achieve the effect of the presence of gold on the nails, the foil should have a bright golden hue without darkening, and you should not use material with holographic spraying. He will not give "high cost" manicure.
To make the manicure as realistic as possible and you can feel the presence of natural gold on the nails, you should not ignore such tips:
- for the base of the casting it is better to use black gel polish, it is against this background that the gold foil looks especially advantageous. You can use a black background not only on dark surfaces, but also on transparent, bright, light,
- in order to enhance the precious effect, combine gold casting in a trend with the technique of liquid stones,
- in order not to lose the relief of the pattern, you should not fill the design much with the top, then the casting effect will be more noticeable.
Gold casting is important to apply in manicure, if a woman is wearing precious jewelry in golden tones (for example, gold rings, a bracelet made of gold, etc.). This design looks great on different backgrounds, so there is no fundamental difference in the choice of the main shade of manicure.
Similar to gold casting, silver is suitable for any basic shade of manicure. But nevertheless, it is worth considering the preferences in the jewelry of a woman: you should not do silver casting, if the jewelry is gold-plated or made from gold. If there is no decoration at all, then any shade of foil will do.
For a beautiful and delicate manifestation of silver plaque on the pattern, it is better to perform in white. Silver foil on a white background shows a delicate glow, this effect is better to use for dark shades of a manicure background. If you take black as a basis, then casting with silver will look more bold and stand out well against a light background.
Liquid Stone Casting Technique
To design, when you need to simulate a natural stone, you must have a gel-lacquer or gel coating of the nail plate. Putting liquid stones does not pass one layer. For the quality of the design you need to have a stained glass gel. But if not, then you can make a "hamburger":
- apply a flat drop of colored gel polish on the gel coating, dry it,
- then make a stamping foil (best with overflow, translucent on the base),
- cover top and dry.
Depending on the selected real stone, different color combinations and shapes are used. Along the edges of this stone can be used casting, as an option - golden bouillon. Photo examples are attached:
Stained glass patterns and mosaic
To create such a design, it is better to get stained gel, which differs from its counterparts in a transparent base, but having a hue of the desired color. Other options for the design - pieces of multi-colored foil, mica, colored gel polishes with a "cat" effect.
The stained glass effect of stained glass gel is important to do between partitions made in the technique of casting. To use pieces of foil, it is better to use the technique "aquarium" and draw the border with black gel varnish or acrylic paint, gel.
Volume lines and monograms
This design is suitable for imparting uniqueness to traditional types of manicure: jacket, moon, one-color glossy or matte finish. Make the volume can be a classic way of layering gel polish and foil print.
To simplify the drawing, you should use a thin brush made of artificial material (nylon, for example).
In order to get the effect of the mirror shine on the nails, you need to choose the appropriate foil with the possibility of translation. A mirror foil is stuck in the same way as a regular foil on a sticky layer of gel polish. You can also use pieces of foil with a mirror-coated and make of them appliqué. Upon completion of the design, the resulting mirror effect is fixed top.
Making a nail in Hollywood is quite simple if you have foil and gel polish. This technique provides a smooth application of foil on the nail, to get the effect of a gold ingot. This design does not decorate each nail, but is limited to a few selective ones. The background for the rest of the nails can be varied, but classical solutions are preferable for Hollywood casting: black, red, white. As an option - fashionable shades that are constantly changing: Marsala, Bordeaux, champagne, etc.
Exquisite foil claws can be obtained by using casting for french. To do this, simply do not remove the stickiness with the tip of the nail and foil stamping to make an imprint. The color of the foil can be chosen any, it all depends on the imagination and the desire to stand out. French casting suitable short and long nails.
How is casting performed
The execution of the cast pattern depends on the type used foilwhich can be:
- non-translational (tear-off),
- glue based.
If non-translational foil is used, the order of actions should be as follows:
- First from her cut the selected pattern.
- To the surface of the nail applied varnish or sticky gel.
- On sticky varnish the surface is fixed cut out the pattern.
- Fix it colorless varnish or gel, which is applied on top.
Instead of a pattern, untranslated material can be arbitrarily broken into small pieces, using a toothpick, and laid out in the form of a mosaic.
Transfer foil made in the form of thin strips or sheets.
The technology of drawing a pattern in this case should be the following:
- To the surface of the nail gel is applied in the form of the selected pattern.
- Whole nail surface covered with thin transfer foil.
- After sticking foil in places of the pattern, it is quickly removed from the surface. At the same time in the places of helium drawing the stuck foil remains and repeats the applied pattern.
Glue-based foil has the bottom sticky layer closed by a substrate. Выпускается она в двух видах: на всю ногтевую пластину и в форме произвольных кусочков.
Ее нанесение на поверхность самое простое:
- С изделия снимают защитную подложку и клеевой стороной прижимают к ногтевой плоскости.
- With the help of a cotton swab, the “cast material” is gently smoothed in the direction from the cuticle to the top edge in order to align and remove all the bubbles.
In addition, the shiny material has a different appearance. Its surface can be mirror, matte, holographic, have different patterns and drawings on a mirror background. Any kind of it can be successfully used to create original nail art.
A kind of casting is the technique of liquid stones. Its essence lies in the application to the nail plate of a special polymer that imitates precious stones, for example, emerald, sapphire and others. In contrast to natural gemstones, polymer "stones" do not have much weight, so there is no discomfort from them.
The polymer acquires the appearance of a precious stone after drying, when it becomes bulky. The gel applied to the natural stone becomes similar due to the bulge and a certain color. In order to achieve the greatest effect, the imitated stones are covered with a gel used for sculptures. With this material, the bulge effect is enhanced, and even more like a gemstone.
How to perform casting at home
You can perform a nail design in a molding technique at home.
First you need to worry about purchasing the following devices and materials:
- silver, gold and other foil,
- fine brushes,
- acrylic gels of different colors
- stained gel designed to imitate natural gems,
- sculptural, protective gel and varnish,
- ultraviolet lamp.
When the necessary materials and devices are acquired, it is worthwhile to first perform a simple abstract pattern using any color or to make a complete coating of the nail plate with this material, following the sequence of actions.
The order of casting techniques for any design decisions should be as follows:
- On the surface of the nail plate gel-base is applied, the color of which is chosen in accordance with the selected pattern. If a certain color is not intended as a base, a protective colorless helium coating is created on the nail plate.
- Helium layer is fixed, working on it with a UV lamp for two minutes.
- Using a contrast gel A planned pattern is applied to the surface, which will later be covered with foil. For this use thin brushes. The application of the helium contour of the pattern is repeated several times to give a pattern of volume.
- Helium drawing again subjected fixing with a UV lamp for two minutes.
- Foil pressed seamy side to the surface of the nail and after a few seconds, sharply with it pull back. In place of the applied helium pattern, a brilliant foil pattern is printed. It looks volumetric, since it completely covers the surface of the previously applied helium pattern.
This technique is focused on the use of transfer foil and is most convenient for beginners.
Independently, you can also make a drawing that includes an imitation of precious stones. First you need to create a stone outline. To do this, select the gel of the appropriate color. The helium contour can be marked with different colors to create a sun glare effect.
After fixing the contour with a UV lamp using a stained-glass gel, the volume of the stone itself is created, which is also fixed with a UV lamp. A sculptural gel should be applied on top of the stone. To create a design with liquid stones at home should begin when experience is gained in the nail art using casting.
Performing such a design, it should be borne in mind that it lasts a short time. Therefore, to secure it using a protective coating. Transparent varnish is sometimes used as such a coating. But this foil significantly changes its attractiveness: the luster is lost and cracks and folds appear. In order not to harm the applied pattern, it is better to use a special gel as a protective coating. It should not be applied immediately after the drawing, but after several hours.
A few words about the foil ...
Manicure foil is of two types (see photo below):
From non-translational foil, you must first cut the pattern. Manicure photo will help you choose a pattern. It is used in aqua design. A pre-cut pattern is put on a sticky layer of lacquer and coated with clear lacquer or a fixer.
Also, the foil can be torn into small pieces and with the help of a toothpick to lay out an interesting mosaic on the nail. In addition to the sticky gel or acrylic, you can use a special glue or ordinary varnish.
Transfer foil is sold in the form of thin sheets or strips. She has a large enough assortment, which includes different colors and stampings. It can also be used when building nails.
Foil cover the entire surface of the nail or part, or just create patterns. It all depends on the fantasy of the master and the wishes of the client. Metallic glitter foil allows you to create luxurious designs of nails from capricious gold or rococo rose-white to bold silver or black and red rock.
Also using transfer foil You can create a mirror effect on the nails, decorate the surface with fancy curls, flowers, even whole artistic compositions.
You can try to make the design by casting stones on the nails at home, but for this you will need to purchase the necessary materials, including a UV lamp.
Varieties and ideas of such a manicure
For a start it is worth trying something that is not too complicated, for example, abstract curls, stripes or simple little flowers. If you are not completely confident in your abilities, try casting on the entire nail plate to gain experience in handling materials and technology.
Fashion trend is now gold casting. Looks on the nails gorgeous, especially on a white jacket.
Nail design casting is good that is suitable for a holiday or wedding manicure, and for everyday, if not overdo it with the decor.
What you need to prepare in advance?
To create such beauty, having trained, it is possible and in house conditions. To do this, you must purchase the necessary materials:
- fine brushes
- foil (for greater effect silver or gold),
- multicolored (to taste) acrylic gels,
- stained glass gels to create liquid stones
- sculptural gel
- protective varnish or gel
- UV lamp.
Step-by-step detailed instructions for beginners
The technology is quite simple, but requires perseverance and patience. In the first part, the instruction for creating a manicure using a casting technique is described, and in the second part, the liquid stones themselves.
- Apply to the surface of the nail gel of the selected color - this will be the basis of the composition. Can be applied colorless to protect the nail.
- Fix the gel in the UV lamp (about two minutes, depending on the manufacturer).
- Black gel follow the patterns, which will subsequently be applied foil. Use thin brushes to apply the gel. Try to make a bulk line so that the foil is better fixed.
- Reinstall the gel in the UV lamp for 2 minutes.
- Press the foil onto the nail with the matte side and sharply tear it off. In place of the pattern on top of the gel will remain a layer of foil. You made a cast. Now proceed to the application of liquid stones!
- Now create a contour gel selected color for the future of the stone. You can use two or more colors for the effect of overflow in the sun. Apply stained gel. Reinstall in the UV lamp.
- Cover the stone with a sculpted gel using a fine brush. After two minutes of polymerization, coat with gel, fix in a UV lamp.
Charming manicure ready!
The process of creating liquid stones can be viewed in the video:
What should I do if the foil is bad on the gel?
This is a fairly common problem for newbies. Therefore, we dwell on this topic in more detail. There are various options for the occurrence of this problem, but most often it is in the quality of foil or varnish. Please note that the gel must be sticky!
Otherwise, the foil just does not stick to it. Maybe the gel drying time is incorrect. For some gels, two minutes is enough, while others need to dry about seven.
The most spectacular manicure with the design of the casting looks on the extension nails or tips. In addition, using such a manicure on natural nails, you risk damaging them.
It is very difficult to remove, especially at home. Moreover, such a manicure is impractical if it has a lot of decorative elements. But it will serve as a bright detail of your image on vacation or on holiday.
By the way, a manicure with casting will suit even an economic girl, it lasts up to two weeks!
What foil and materials should I use?
It remains to solve the last, but important question: where does all this buy and how to choose. Materials for nail art casting or using liquid stones can be purchased in specialized stores in almost any city or online in online stores.
Tear-off non-translational foil is sold in small rolls. Transferable can be bought in the form of strips or sheets, sometimes it has a protective film.
Casting on the nails has become a very fashionable trend in decorative manicure, so the line of the foil assortment is represented by a large variety of colors and shades. In addition to metallic luster, manufacturers are pleased to offer hologram drawings on foil.
And you can buy a set immediately. For example, this is http://lianail.ru/gel-kraski-dlja-nogtey/1742-nabor-gelevyh-krasok-startovyy-dlja-dizayna-nogtey.html. Nine types of gel paints and 11 types of foil - what a space for creativity and fantasy!
Another nice feature of this manicure is its relatively low cost due to the availability of materials. Fingers after molding on the nails look very well-groomed or neat.
They are amazingly combined with each other, opening up new options for creating a manicure, decorated with one or more colors of gels and patterns of glossy foil!
Choose the material to your liking and according to your experience in manicure. Now gels for casting are represented by several brands, choose the most suitable for you. Depending on the chemical properties of the gel, fingers should be kept at a different time in the UV lamp to dry.
We share impressions and reviews
Dear girls, have you already tried casting nails? It is interesting to know your impressions and where did you do it: in the salon or yourself? I would especially like to see examples of your unique designs in the technique of casting!
It is difficult to overestimate the beauty and elegance of the decoration of nails by casting and liquid stones. Every girl dreams of becoming, if not the queen, then the princess, for sure. With such a manicure it is impossible to be imperceptible!
Video how to do a manicure molding on nails awaits you in the continuation of the article: