The article deals with ginger oil - its beneficial properties and uses in cosmetology and medicine. You will learn how ginger oil is used for skin and hair, for weight loss and pregnancy. We will tell you how to prepare a natural product on your own, and how much it costs in a pharmacy.
What is ginger
Ginger is a perennial plant native to South Asia, which has received world fame for its root. It is made from it and culinary seasoning, and essential oil used for cosmetic and medicinal purposes.
Oil is made from white and black root. White root is washed and cleaned before drying, and black ginger is not pre-treated, so it tastes sharper and has a more pronounced woody scent. Black ginger oil has a greater value, as it contains the maximum amount of useful components.
The chemical composition of ginger oil
Saturated chemical composition determined the increased demand for ginger oil.
Herbal extract includes:
- gingerol and ginkerin,
- amino acids (linalool, camphene, phellandrene, citral, cineole, borneol, and also geranyl acetate),
- trace elements (calcium, potassium, zinc, phosphorus, iron, magnesium),
- vitamins A, C and group B.
Ginger oil - properties and uses
Ginger oil obtained as a result of steam distillation is used in cosmetology and in the treatment of many ailments.
Ginger oil has a tonic and antibacterial effect, normalizes the digestive and circulatory system, increases libido and restores potency, removes toxins and burns fat, rejuvenates the skin, soothes.
Doctors recommend ginger essential oil in the treatment of:
- cough, sore throats, catarrhal and viral diseases,
- poisoning and disorders of the gastrointestinal tract,
- arthritis, rheumatism and joint pain.
Ginger ether quickly removes hematomas and bruises, heals scratches and wounds, relieves swelling and spasms.
It removes bad breath, including after drinking alcohol.
Face ginger oil
Ginger ether received the greatest recognition as a means to care for problem skin.
With it, it is easy to eliminate acne and inflammation, as well as prevent their reappearance. The oil will narrow the pores and smooth the skin, remove fine wrinkles and return a healthy glow to the face.
Prescription Cleansing Mask
- Honey - 2 tbsp.
- Ginger oil - 2 drops.
- Lemon - 1 pc.
How to cook: Melt the honey in a steam bath. Add ginger oil to it. Squeeze the lemon juice into the mixture. Mix thoroughly.
How to use: Cleanse your face of makeup and dirt using regular lotion. Apply the mask for half an hour, avoiding the areas around the eyes. Wash it off with cool water.
Result: The combination of honey, lemon and ginger has an anti-inflammatory effect on the skin, preventing the appearance of acne.
In the absence of time for the preparation of the mask, enrich with ginger oil purchased products at the rate of 4 drops per 15 grams of cream, lotion. serum.
Ginger oil for hair
To strengthen the hair, add ginger ester to the shampoo (1-2 drops per standard portion for a single use). This recipe is suitable not only for women, but also for men, as a regular procedure prevents baldness.
The properties of ginger oil will help:
- moisturize the scalp to prevent dandruff,
- restore damaged after perm or dye hair,
- remove split ends
- give hair volume and healthy shine.
Recipe for firming hair mask
- Ginger oil - 5 drops.
- Chicken eggs - 2 pcs.
- Coffee grounds - 2 tsp.
- Honey - 2 tbsp.
How to cook: Beat the eggs (instead of chicken you can get quail - 4 pcs.). Add ginger oil, cooled coffee grounds and honey melted on a steam bath. Mix thoroughly.
How to use: Apply the mask on the roots for 5 minutes, and then spread over the entire length of the hair. Leave for 20 minutes. Rinse with warm water and shampoo.
Result: The mask will strengthen the hair follicles and reduce hair loss.
Ginger oil for weight loss
Ginger oil effectively burns excess weight, so nutritionists recommend adding 1-2 drops of ether to vegetable oil for salad dressing, when preparing sauces and dressing.
For weight loss, drink tea with ginger oil (1-2 drops per cup).
It normalizes the metabolism and reduces the appetite, which in combination with a healthy diet will help you lose weight faster.
Ginger ester is also used for massage, rubbing and wraps to eliminate cellulite and stretch marks. Procedures smooth the skin, improve blood circulation, accelerate the elimination of toxins and excess fat.
Ginger oil during pregnancy
The feasibility of using ginger oil during pregnancy should be asked to your doctor.
So, the doctor may allow ginger tea or aromatherapy in the following cases:
- pregnancy is uneventful, there is no threat of miscarriage, and there is no increased uterine tone,
- early pregnancy
- no gestosis - complications characterized by edema, high blood pressure, seizures.
All manufacturers include pregnancy in the number of contraindications for the use of ginger oil, especially when it comes to oral intake.
The aroma of ginger oil has a positive effect on the nervous system and psychomotor. Regular aromatherapy treatments:
- relieve fatigue
- relieve fear and anxiety
- give energy and increase desire in an intimate setting,
- improve memory and increase concentration.
Ginger oil allergy
Although ginger allergy is a rare occurrence, be sure to test it before using ginger oil for the first time.
If you plan to use it during aromatherapy, then take a few breaths from the bottle - during the remaining day you should not have a headache or nausea.
If you apply oil as part of cosmetics or take orally, put a few drops on your wrist. Your immune system took ginger well if there was no irritation on your skin within 24 hours.
Contraindications and restrictions
Before using ginger, do not forget to study the contraindications, which, in addition to idiosyncrasy, include:
- pregnancy and breastfeeding,
- elevated temperature
- dermatological diseases
- liver disease,
- stomach ulcer.
It is forbidden to give ginger oil to children under 7 years old.
You can not combine his reception with drugs from high blood pressure, to improve blood clotting and stimulate heart function. If ingestion is strictly contraindicated to drink fasting ginger oil.
Ginger oil at home
If you doubt the quality of the products offered at the pharmacy or do not want to overpay, make your own oil.
Ginger Butter Recipe
You will need:
- ginger root with a length of at least 5 cm - 1 pc.,
- refined vegetable oil (olive, sunflower, corn, etc.) - 300 ml.
How to cook:
- Wash the root thoroughly, peel it and cut into slices.
- Place tightly in glass container.
- Fill with vegetable oil.
- Put in a dark and cool place for 3 weeks.
- Store ginger oil in a tight-fitting container in the refrigerator.
Ginger tea I have been drinking colds for a long time, and recently I bought ginger oil as I learned about its many beneficial properties. I add it to the night cream so that new wrinkles do not appear, I rinse my hair. My husband and I loved to add it to the oil burner, so that the oil and family relationships strengthened.
Alevtina, 47 years old
Of course, my husband would never, after washing his head, do a rinse, but I noticed an emerging baldness and began to make lotions with ginger oil for him. Together we managed to stop hair loss and keep the hair.
What to remember
- Ginger oil is obtained from the rhizome of the plant. The squeeze of raw black root saves the maximum amount of nutrients.
- Ginger ester is used in cosmetology to care for aging and problematic skin, to treat dandruff hair and prevent hair loss, to eliminate cellulite and stretch marks, as part of a comprehensive program for weight loss.
- For medical purposes, ginger oil is prescribed to strengthen the immune system and prevent viral diseases, improve vision and restore functions of the stomach and intestines, pain in the joints and herpes.
- Before using ginger oil, be sure to read the instructions and familiarize yourself with possible contraindications.
Please support the project - tell about us
First of all, ginger root is popular as a spice. It gives the dish a bright and unique taste. But very few people know about its healing properties. In the East, women use ginger to rejuvenate, tone and soothe the skin.
Approximately 3% of “horned root” is an essential oil. It is actively used in cosmetology for the manufacture of creams, masks and lotions for the care of the dermis. Ginger essential oil will relieve dryness, dullness of the skin, as well as help solve the problem with age spots, wrinkles and freckles.
A face mask with ginger is a real storehouse of vitamins and minerals. "Horned root" consists of:
- complex amino acids that normalize cell function,
- a complex of vitamins (A, C, PP and group B), which speeds up the metabolism, activates cell regeneration, helps to cope with age spots and inflammations,
- minerals (magnesium, potassium, iron, zinc, phosphorus), which improve the condition of the skin, as well as prevent rapid aging,
- fats and oils that eliminate dryness, increase the elasticity of tissues, tone up and fight peeling.
The main secret of the effective effects of ginger on the skin lies in the warming effect. Under the influence of these substances, the temperature of the skin rises, the cells begin to work intensively, the production of collagen is accelerated, and blood circulation increases.
Indications for use
The main feature of the eastern spice is the use of ginger in cosmetology. Face masks are suitable for any skin type. One has only to choose the right components. Cosmetic product made on the basis of ginger root will help to cope with such problems as:
- inflammation of the skin,
- acne, acne,
- aging and sagging skin,
- the appearance of mimic wrinkles
- dryness and flaking of the skin,
- malfunction of the sebaceous glands,
- dull skin color.
After a few days of applications, you can notice the effect of using the “horned root”.
Result from use
Ginger root face mask is a real remedy. Its advantages include an immediate positive impact:
- skin becomes clean, pores are narrowed,
- color is leveled, a healthy shade appears,
- cells are cleared of harmful toxins,
- accelerates blood flow, metabolism
- the former elasticity and elasticity of tissues appears,
- the relief of the face becomes smooth, the contours are tucked up,
- inflammatory processes decrease,
- the protective function of the cells is enhanced, the membrane structure is strengthened,
- wrinkles disappear,
- skin toned and rejuvenated.
Ginger face mask at home:
- cares for sensitive skin
- normalizes the sebaceous glands,
- cleans pores for fatty type, relieves irritation and hypersensitivity.
Ginger root will help your teenage body get rid of acne, acne and pimples.
Rules for the use of masks at home
Applying face masks from ginger in cosmetology will help a woman look better. However, the wrong composition or violation of the rules of application can lead to sad consequences. In addition to the appearance of itching, redness, inflammatory reactions, it is possible to further aggravate the existing cosmetic problem. The following recommendations will draw attention to the details of the procedure and tell you how to avoid mistakes:
- To get the desired result, you need to eat right, sleep at least 7-8 hours a day, reduce the effects of stress.
- Before applying the mask, you need to steam and clean your face well. To do this, you can use a warm towel or hot steam.
- Ginger root juice can be used only in conjunction with herbal infusions, cosmetic oils and other components. When using concentrated products, a woman can get burned tissue.
- Ginger nutrients are so active that the mask is applied to the skin of the face, excluding the areas around the eyes.
- Before applying the mask, you must conduct an allergic test. To do this, apply a small amount to the elbow cavity. If there is discomfort, severe burning and itching, then the product is immediately washed with running water. Then a cream with a calming effect is applied to this place.
- Most of the nutrients are under the skin of ginger. Therefore, they try to remove it very thinly.
- Doing a rejuvenating procedure at home, do not forget about self-massage. For mature skin, Chinese wrinkle massage technique is suitable.
- For the preparation of masks at home, you can use any form of ginger ingredient (root, powder, essential oil or juice). Each of them is able to equally effectively cope with skin diseases.
- Some ginger masks can be wiped with a soft towel.
Most often, on the shelves of supermarkets, women are already offered dried “horned root”. Therefore, to make a face mask of ginger root, you can prepare a decoction or tincture of this product. For this, a piece of the root is rubbed on a grater or finely ground with a knife. Then pour boiling water. Capacity cover and allow to infuse for several hours. It is stored in the refrigerator for no more than three days.
For cooking means in the tank must be mixed:
- finely chopped ginger root,
- fourth of a glass of mint,
- one glass of spinach,
- one banana,
- 1 large spoonful of honey.
All components are mixed until a homogeneous mass. A ginger and banana face mask is applied to the skin for a quarter of an hour. Then wash off with warm water. This tool has one feature, it can be stored in the finished form in the refrigerator for 7 days.
Face mask with ginger and turmeric makes the skin young and attractive. Thus, the “horned root” saturates the dermis with all the necessary vitamins. And turmeric promotes skin regeneration and an increase in collagen production.
For the preparation of such a magic tool in the tank mix:
- 1 large spoonful of grated or finely chopped ginger,
- half a teaspoon of turmeric,
- 1 large spoonful of honey.
It should be remembered that before mixing, grated ginger must be squeezed out of excess juice. If you do not, then the mask will turn out too liquid. Apply the prepared mass to the face for 10 minutes. Wash off with warm water. After the procedure, you can apply freshly squeezed pomegranate juice to your face. It nourishes the skin with vitamins and antioxidants. To obtain the desired result, this tool should be applied 3 times a week every other day.
Ginger and Pomegranate Face Mask
This mask is recommended for women with fading skin. This tool nourishes, tones, tightens and improves skin elasticity.
To prepare you need to mix:
- 1.5 tablespoons of grated ginger root,
- 15 ml of freshly squeezed pomegranate juice.
The resulting mixture is applied to the face for a quarter of an hour. Then rinse with running water or decoction of green tea. The mask can be applied 2-3 times a week, making between procedures 1 day break.
In addition to the mask, prepared by yourself, you can use the ready-made composition. The tool also has positive properties and prevents wilting of the skin.
To remove inflammation and irritation of the skin, you can use a face mask with ginger, chamomile, green tea and clay. These components remove toxins and treat.
To prepare you need to mix:
- 1 large spoonful of clay
- 30 grams of grated ginger root,
- decoction of green tea and chamomile.
The resulting texture should be reminiscent of a thick cream. The mass is left on the skin until it dries out or until a slight burning sensation appears. Then it is washed off with water at room temperature. Repeat the procedure can be no more than 2 times a week.
Cranberry Ginger Face Mask
The tool consisting of these components can be purchased in specialized stores.
The mask has a light texture. The components of the product restore the natural level of skin hydration at night. In the morning she looks perfectly smooth, moist and rested. Suitable for any type of skin, but most effectively acts on oily. It stands out a pleasant smell.
Face mask night indelible with cranberries and ginger has an extensive composition. She has the following actions:
- has a whitening effect,
- nourishes and nourishes the skin cells with beneficial substances
- gives the skin softness and elasticity,
- removes irritation and redness,
- increases the protective function of the skin.
Useful effect due to the unique composition of the mask. The product includes: cranberry extract and ginger, melon, ginseng and orange, almond oil, betaine, allantoin, vitamin E and D-panthenol.
In addition to the recommendations on the application, the mask of ginger face has a number of limitations. It can not be used:
- during pregnancy and lactation,
- at elevated body temperature
- with too sensitive skin, so as not to get backlash,
- in the presence of wounds and ulcers on the face (as ginger is a burning component),
- during bleeding,
- with individual intolerance of the product.
Because of its burning properties, ginger can be dangerous for people with rosacea or spider veins on the face. In such cases, you can get a negative result, rather than getting rid of problems.
Reviews of the mask for the face with ginger is always positive. So, many girls thanks to the correctly selected components and the “horned root” were able to get rid of the inflamed skin, acne and acne. In addition, the skin has become more elastic, supple and filled with nutrients.
Many women suffer from age-related skin changes. The appearance of small wrinkles, loss of elasticity, slower production of collagen leads to an ugly appearance of the face. Women who tried ginger masks saw instant results. They began to look younger and more attractive, skin tightened, flabbiness and dull appearance disappeared.
Ginger is not only a useful spice, but also a wonderful elixir of health and youth. Anyone who has tried to make for himself such an amazing home remedy, now does not buy expensive cosmetic products. And most importantly, ginger masks are easy to use and do not require special skills.
Description and distribution of the plant ginger
Medicinal ginger (Zingiber officinale Roscoe) belongs to the Ginger family (Zingiberaceae). This is a reed tropical plant. One of the oldest spices.
The ginger rhizome is horizontal, tuberiform dissected, with basal scaly leaves emerging on the surface of the earth. In the axils of the leaves, buds are formed, forming false flats with leaves up to 1 m high or peduncles (up to 25 cm).
The leaves that cover the false flats are alternate, and their vaginas are one in another. Leaves entire, linear-lanceolate.
The flowers are placed one by one in the axils of the bracts. When describing medicinal ginger, it is worth noting that, under culture, this plant does not form and reproduce exclusively with pieces of rhizomes.
Spread: in the wild state does not occur. Cultivated in many countries of the tropical belt: India, Australia, etc.
Growing up: root pieces 5–7 cm long, certainly with an “eye” at the end of winter, are planted in a pot to a depth of 2–3 cm. The soil must be fertile and loose. Requires regular and sufficient watering and daily spraying. Rhizomes ripen in 9-10 months after planting. At this time, the plant begins a period of rest: the aerial part turns yellow and dies. Then you can dig up the roots and use or place the plant pot in a room with a temperature of 10-15 ° C, and continue to grow again in the spring.
Medicinal properties and use of ginger root
Used ginger pieces: root.
Raw material collection time: September-November.
The high beneficial properties of ginger are explained by the presence of active substances in the plant. The content of essential oil in dry roots is 1.5-3%. The various parts of the plant contain: gamma-aminobutyric acid, borneol - krsch., Vitamin B2 (riboflavin) - krn. 0,200,48 mg%, <10> gingerdione - balsa., <6> -gingerdione - barnacle., <6> -gingerol - benthog., <10> -dugidrogingerdion - bridged., <6> -dyhydrogingerdion - bred. , zingeron - krsch., linalool - krsch., nesodin - krn. 5.38-13.49 mg%, thiamine (vitamin B1, aneurin), krn. 0.06-0.18 mg%, cineol - oil from Krsch., Citral - Krsch.
Collection: as a medicinal raw material and spice they use exclusively plants grown in culture. The collected material is thoroughly washed and peeled, then soaked for 24 hours, cut into small pieces and dried in the sun or dryer with a fan at a temperature not higher than 35 ° C. But it is better to use fresh ginger. The healing properties of ginger will last for one year.
In medicine, medicinal ginger roots are used in digestive disorders with nausea and vomiting, poor appetite, flatulence, chronic enteritis, urinary secretion, edema, rheumatism, and gargling with sore throat.
Compresses are used to relieve headaches, back pain and chronic rheumatism.
Ginger root extract also has high properties, is included in the drug "Zinaksin" (along with the extract of Kalgan), which is used for various arthritis.
Essential oil is widely used in aromatherapy for the treatment of psycho-emotional disorders, diseases of the musculoskeletal system, colds and viral diseases. It is used for hot inhalations, baths, rubbing, massage and inside.
"Ginger tea" (decoction) with honey and lemon is often used for colds.
In folk medicine in East Asia, shredded ginger roots are prescribed for neuralgic and spasmodic headaches, bronchial asthma, as an anti-trachoma (trachoma - a contagious eye disease) remedy. A solution of copper sulfate or carbonate was the only anti-trachomatics for 5 thousand years, until the appearance of antibiotics.
Another popular application of ginger is to chew the root or use it in the form of infusion and powder from motion sickness (motion sickness) during sea, air and long car travels.
Economic purpose: Ginger is widely used in Russian cuisine. It is added to sbiten, kvass, liqueurs, tinctures, braga, honey, as well as gingerbread, cakes, buns.
In Asian countries, ginger is added to meat and poultry preserves, it is part of the famous curry seasoning, and is used as a specific flavor in some teas.
Marinated ginger is used as a seasoning for sushi and rolls.
Ground ginger in India is added to the flour and produce 4 grades of ginger flour with different percentage of ginger.
Ginger ale, ginger ale and soft non-alcoholic soft drinks are made from ginger in England, Australia and the USA.
The use of ginger in meat sauces, vegetable and fruit marinades is typical for European and American cuisines. In Asian countries, ginger is used directly in stewing meat and poultry. Ginger meat has not only an aromatic effect, but also makes it softer.
Folk remedies based on ginger for the treatment of diseases
Useful properties of ginger are widely used in recipes of traditional medicine.
Recipes popular treatment of diseases with ginger:
- Ginger tea: 1 teaspoon of crushed rhizomes for 2 cups of water, boil for 40 minutes on low heat in a sealed container, filter. Sugar to taste.
- Tincture: 1 tablespoon of well-chopped root with 40% alcohol in the ratio of 1:10, insist in a warm place for 15 days, occasionally shaking. Take this folk remedy based on ginger, 10-15 drops 3 times a day before meals.
- Tea with nodular goiter and overweight: 1/2 teaspoon chopped ginger root in 1 cup boiling water, leave for 15-20 minutes, add 1 teaspoon of honey and a slice of lemon. Take ginger tea according to this popular recipe in the evening 30 minutes before bedtime.
- Tea with a nodular goiter for thin and mobile people: 1/2 teaspoon ginger and a pinch of green tea in 0.5 liters of water, boil for 3 minutes. This is a folk remedy based on ginger for the treatment of goiter to take 200 ml twice a day for two weeks.
- Fish Ear Powder: 1-2 g of dry crushed ginger taken daily for lunch with fish fish soup. Helps prevent fainting, helps with paralysis and stroke - eliminates speech defects.
Contraindications: the use of ginger prescription of traditional medicine is contraindicated in early pregnancy.
- In case of overdose, diarrhea, nausea, vomiting, and allergic reactions are possible.
Properties and healing effect of ginger essential oil
Ginger essential oil has the following characteristics:
- Colour: light yellow.
- Aroma: tender, tart, spicy, warm, fresh, exotic, with a slight bitterness.
- Receiving method: steam distillation, oil yield 2-3% or more.
- Part Used: root.
Psycho-emotional action from the use of essential oil of ginger root: eliminates fatigue, lethargy, apathy, increases communication skills, restores mental and physical strength, helps rapid rehabilitation after illnesses and operations, strengthens determination, strength, eliminates fear, self-doubt
Cosmetic effect from the use of ginger essential oil: cleanses, relieves inflammatory reactions on problem, impure skin, increases the tone of oily skin, helps to clean and reduce pores, has anti-herpes effect, promotes healing of wounds, accelerates the absorption of hematomas. To give a special flavor used in men's cosmetics and perfumes in combination with patchouli.
- powerful anti-inflammatory and antibacterial agent, effective in acute respiratory diseases, tonsillitis, bronchitis, has a beneficial effect on the respiratory tract mucosa,
- possesses high antiviral activity for influenza, shingles,
- prevents infection during epidemics,
- As an anesthetic, it is used for frostbite, arthritis, rheumatic and muscle pain, for joint pain and sprain - massage of painful areas of the body with a mixture of oils,
- eliminates puffiness, inflammation, stiffness of joints and spine in case of arthritis, osteochondrosis,
- relieves headaches.
- Due to its active properties, ginger essential oil optimizes digestion processes, eliminates the feeling of heaviness after eating and gas formation in the intestines, helps clean the intestines, is effective in digestive disorders with nausea, vomiting and diarrhea,
- has anti-edema and mild diuretic action,
- facilitates premenstrual syndrome
- It has an anti-inflammatory and firming effect on the male genital area, increasing sexual activity and potency,
- ginger oil helps to relieve discomfort when motion sickness (nausea) in traveling, morning sickness of pregnant women,
- quickly restores strength and physical reactions of the body after diseases and operations.
The main methods of application of ginger essential oil for medicinal purposes
In aromatherapy, the use of ginger for medicinal purposes is used quite widely.
The main methods of therapeutic use of ginger essential oil:
- aroma lamps: 3-5 drops to 15 square meters. m,
- hot inhalations: 1-2 drops, procedure duration 4-7 minutes,
- cold inhalation: 1-2 drops, duration 5-7 minutes,
- baths: 3-4 drops,
- massage: 4-5 drops per 15 g of transport oil,
- rubbing: 7 drops per 15 g basis,
- compresses: 2-3 drops in vegetable oil or diluted alcohol,
- aromamedalone: 1-2 drops,
- internal use: 1 drop with 1 teaspoon of honey or jam, preferably in a bread "capsule" 2 times a day. Wash down with tomato, pineapple, orange juice, wine, tea, kefir. Stimulates digestion, acts as antipyretic, antiseptic, anthelmintic, used for impotence, gastritis, as well as to relieve premenstrual syndrome,
- enrichment of wine or dry tea: 3-4 drops per 0, 5 l of wine and 200 g of tea.
Sensations: when applied to the skin, there is heat, burning, there may be redness, disappearing in 2-4 minutes. The reaction is natural.
Complimentary aromas: juniper, jasmine, frankincense, neroli, limemet, lavender, mint, carnation, rose, verbena, juniper, bergamot, bigardia, basil, lemon balm, patchouli, petit grain, savory, thyme (thyme), lemon grass.
Precautions when using ginger essential oil: due to its active properties it is impossible to use it inside on an empty stomach. Do not apply on damaged skin (cuts, wounds, cracks). Do not use with individual intolerance to ginger. May cause irritation to sensitive skin. Do not apply to children under 6 years. In the form of an 8% solution in petrolatum for 48 hours does not cause irritation of the human skin, has no sensitizing effect. A slight phototoxic effect is noted. No restrictions IFRA on the use in perfumes and cosmetics.
Oil, hydrolate and ginger extract in cosmetology
Ginger essential oil.
Cleansing, anti-inflammatory, soothes irritation, pores constricting and tonic for oily, normal, problem and combination skin. The beneficial properties of ginger essential oil for the body is that it promotes healing of wounds, resorption of hematomas and elimination of herpes. Introduced in cosmetics from 0.1 to 10%.
Contraindications: ginger essential oil can cause skin irritation. Do not use in children's cosmetics.
Anti-cellulite, firming, toning, antioxidant, anti-aging, anti-inflammatory, cleansing, antiseptic and bactericidal agent for oily, fading, normal and combination skin. It also nourishes the roots, stimulates growth, strengthens and improves the structure of all types of hair. Introduced in cosmetics up to 100%.
Contraindications: individual intolerance is possible.
Anti-cellulite, toning, antioxidant and normalizing secretion remedy for oily and problem skin of the body. Soluble in water and glycerin, do not heat more than 40 ° C. Introduced in cosmetics from 2 to 5%.
Contraindications: individual intolerance is possible. Do not use in children's cosmetics.
Dry ginger extract.
Antioxidant, anti-aging, toning, anti-cellulite, anti-aging and cellular metabolism stimulating agent for oily skin. Flavoring and natural dye. Soluble in water, sparingly soluble in glycerol and water-alcohol mixtures. It is introduced into cosmetics in the aqueous phase from 0.1 to 2%.
Contraindications: individual intolerance is possible. Do not use in children's cosmetics.
Supercritical CO2 ginger extract.
Supercritical fluid extraction with natural carbon dioxide from the plant root. Brown, liquid oily mass with waxy inclusions with a strong characteristic smell of ginger. In cosmetic products used as an anti-inflammatory and moisturizer. In the food industry it is used as a flavoring agent in the production of mixtures of spices, in the meat, fish, confectionery industry and in the production of alcoholic beverages. Introduced in cosmetics from 0.01 to 0.1%.
Contraindications: individual intolerance is possible. Do not use in children's cosmetics.
Ginger masks in home cosmetology
Recipes for ginger-based face masks in home cosmetology:
- Anti-aging mask: Blender in mashed potatoes 1 tablespoon of chopped ginger, 15 mint leaves, 3 leaves without spinach and 1/2 banana, add 1 tablespoon of honey, mix thoroughly. Method of applying the mask from ginger: apply a thick layer of mass on the skin, the duration of the procedure - 15-20 minutes. Wash off with warm water.
- Toning mask: Mix 1 tablespoon of mashed ginger, yogurt, orange juice and honey. Method of applying the mask from ginger in home cosmetology: apply a lot on the skin, the duration of the procedure is 15-20 minutes. Wash off with warm water.
- Mask for oily skin: Mix 1 tablespoon of mashed ginger and 1 beaten egg white, add white clay to a state of thick cream. Apply a lot on the skin, the duration of the procedure is 20 minutes. Rinse with warm water, rub with ice cube.
Contraindications: individual intolerance is possible. Do not use ginger in children's cosmetology.
What is ginger good for?
Ginger is not only an amazing product and savory seasoning for dishes, but also practically universal cosmetic. Here are some useful properties:
- It is a powerful natural antiseptic that allows you to destroy pathogens. And since the activity of bacteria often causes acne and acne, ginger can be considered an effective means of combating acne and other skin rashes.
- Ginger contains a lot of nutrients that penetrate the skin and provide a complete and intensive nutrition.
- It is worth noting the pronounced anti-inflammatory properties, allowing to eliminate various inflammations, irritations, redness, hyperemia of the skin.
- The local irritant effect normalizes blood circulation and blood supply to the face, stimulates blood flow, thereby saturating the cells with oxygen and providing a pronounced rejuvenating effect.
- The use of ginger-based products stimulates the production of its own collagen and elastin, and these substances are responsible for the elasticity and firmness of the skin, providing a fresh, young and healthy-looking face.
- Regular use improves the complexion, it acquires a natural shade and a healthy natural glow.
- Hair masks help stop their loss and stimulate growth. А за счёт улучшения кровоснабжения волосяных фолликулов обеспечивается их питание, что улучшает состояние локонов.
- Ginger strengthens the skin’s protective barrier and enhances local immunity, helping to fight off various infections.
- It is an excellent cleanser that expands the pores and removes their contents.
- Ginger root promotes tissue regeneration and the formation of new healthy dermis cells.
- This component has healing properties.
Who can use ginger based products?
The use of cosmetics based on ginger is shown in the following cases:
- reduction of skin turgor, their flabbiness,
- first or later signs of aging: mimic wrinkles, eyelid ptosis, “crow's feet”,
- unhealthy, dull complexion, grayish or yellowish skin tone,
- fatigue, lethargy of the skin,
- acne, acne, inflammation.
When should you not use it?
Since ginger is acute and has a local irritant effect, you should be more careful with it than the owners of sensitive skin, prone to redness. If you are one of them, then start with an allergic test. And in order to minimize the risks of possible consequences, do not use the component in its pure form, but supplement it with other ingredients, especially moisturizing and softening.
There are some contraindications to the use of this tool:
- violation of the integrity of the skin: wounds, deep abrasions,
- rosacea or rosacea (with this disease, any means that have an irritating effect and stimulate blood flow are prohibited),
- individual hypersensitivity to the product or its intolerance,
Tip: use caution during pregnancy. During this period it is better to refuse such means.
How to make ginger masks or other face products? We offer several recipes:
- To combat acne, you can make a ginger mask. Grate a small piece of fresh ginger root on a grater and apply the resulting mass on your face, paying special attention to the problem areas. After half an hour, remove the slurry with a paper towel and wash with cool water.
- Useful nourishing face mask with ginger, for the preparation of which it is necessary to grate 10 grams of the root and mix it with a tablespoon of natural olive oil. Apply the mixture on your face, leave for forty minutes, then remove with water.
- To get rid of acne and pustules, mix grated ginger with a few drops of tea tree oil and apply this mixture to the spots of inflammation. Leave the composition on the problem areas, and after half an hour remove using cool water.
- For intensive rejuvenation, prepare a mixture of equal parts of grated ginger root, as well as finely chopped fresh mint and spinach leaves (or you can grind all the ingredients together in a blender). Distribute this mixture evenly over the surface of the face, walking on the neck. After twenty minutes should wash. And to enhance the effect, you can add honey or egg yolk to the mask.
- To relax and relieve fatigue after work, mix a tablespoon of honey, natural yogurt and orange juice, add a teaspoon of ground ginger. Apply the composition for twenty minutes on the face, and after the procedure, just wash with warm water.
- To saturate the skin with vitamins, ground dry ginger diluted with pomegranate or cranberry juice, to finally get a homogeneous mass, which should be applied to the face area for half an hour and washed off.
- If the skin is sensitive, mix a tablespoon of grated ginger, protein and a tablespoon of honey. The mixture is applied for twenty minutes and washed off.
- At home you can make a nourishing cream. Ginger ginger, squeeze the juice and half a teaspoon mixed with 50 ml of coconut oil and two teaspoons of sesame. Heat the composition in a water bath, cool, store in the refrigerator.
- For oily skin, a mask prepared from two teaspoons of grated fresh ginger root, two tablespoons of green tea or chamomile broth and a tablespoon of cosmetic white clay is suitable.
Ginger is also good for hair. Effective recipes:
- To strengthen weakened curls, put on them a mixture of equal parts of honey, grated ginger and protein. After an hour, wash your head.
- To reduce the fat content of the hair and to work the sebaceous glands, use a mask of yogurt and ginger.
- To stimulate hair growth in three tablespoons of burdock oil, add two times less grated ginger. The mixture is aged for forty minutes, then the head is washed.
Discover the properties of ginger and use it to improve the condition of hair and skin.
Fresh ginger in cosmetology is used more often than in dried one, although extracts from it and essential oils are very popular. About 400 substances and compounds have been discovered in its composition, and the properties and functions of some of them are still being studied. The most active biological components with a pronounced effect on the skin and hair are:
- vitamins A, E, C, nicotinic acid, choline, which are involved in metabolic processes, improving nutrition and regeneration of damaged cells,
- vitamins B1 and B2 have a firming effect, prevent hair loss, sanitize the skin surface,
- vitamin C boosts general and local immunity,
- gingerol - antioxidant, works on the rejuvenation and acceleration of metabolic processes,
- amino acids are nutrients for cells,
- minerals - iron, germanium, calcium, phosphorus, magnesium, manganese, potassium, sodium restore cell membranes, participate in the regulation of metabolism.
The root contains essential oils, organic acids, tannins, flavonoids, which also contribute to the youth and beauty of man. Due to the optimal combination of beneficial components, ginger has the following pronounced properties:
- antibacterial and antimicrobial,
Use in cosmetology
Product lines with ginger extract, juice or oil are usually antiseptic, toning and rejuvenating. These are creams, lotions, shampoos, gels and other items that are suitable for oily and normal skin, less often for dry. If this means for hair, then more often they are made to combat high fat and dandruff. Since ginger improves the metabolism of fats, it is part of massage creams and gels against cellulite.
Cosmetics with ginger plays the following role:
- fight acne, acne, increased production of sebum,
- heal wounds, injuries,
- stop and prolong youth
- tone up
- whiten and lighten freckles and age spots,
- narrow pores and clean them of impurities and toxins,
- nourish cells, increase local immunity,
- protect from UV,
- prevent hair loss
- eliminate seborrhea,
- reduce the layer of subcutaneous fat.
Ginger is able to lighten and refresh the complexion, make the skin smooth and clean, eliminate brittleness and weakness of the hair, rid the body of orange peel, give elasticity, improve metabolism, increase blood circulation and the flow of nutrients to the skin cells. Another property of the root - antifungal, so it is often added to the means for the feet.
Ginger root is a common product, you can buy it in almost every store, so you can make homemade cosmetics from it for everyone.
Homemade beauty recipes
At home you can prepare a nourishing and moisturizing cream for dry and normal skin, varying with the list of ingredients. The base for him are:
- ginger juice
- vegetable oil,
- vitamins A and E.
Freshly squeezed ginger juice and any oil, preferably cosmetic, such as almond, grape seed, coconut, are taken in the same proportions. Two ingredients are well heated in a water bath in a ceramic cup, preventing boiling. Vitamin E and A (1 capsule) are added to the cold mixture, mixed with a wooden spatula or a ceramic spoon, poured into a jar and stored in a cool place. This cream is especially good in the autumn-winter period, when the skin suffers from drafts, hypothermia, it becomes dry, inflammation appears. The product is suitable for the skin of the face, hands and feet.
Essential oils (individually tested for the likelihood of allergies), decoctions of herbs, juices of other fruits and berries can be added to the basic ingredients list. It is recommended to prepare the cream in a small amount - for 1 week, since the shelf life is limited.
Nourishing hair mask, which gives them shine, is prepared from 1 egg yolk, 1 tbsp. l ground ginger and liquid honey. The mask is applied on the scalp and strands for 20 minutes. It stimulates blood circulation, nourishes, heals the skin, can pinch slightly. To enhance the effect, it is better to warm the head with a towel and cellophane.
Hair conditioner is considered the easiest hair care product. It can be prepared from 2 tbsp. l juice and 250 ml of warm water. The rinsing procedure is carried out every other day for 3-4 weeks. Rinse off is not necessary.
Antifungal composition for the feet can be prepared from 2 crushed bay leaves, 4 tbsp. l ginger juice or 3 tbsp. l ground ginger and 3 liters of hot water. In such a bath feet soar daily for 7 days. In addition to combating fungus, the bath deodorizes well and eliminates unpleasant odor.
Ginger oil is widely used in home cosmetology. Only 1-2 drops is enough to add to face or hand cream, to shampoo for washing of the head, to massage means and baths for hands and feet. It will cleanse the skin, fill it with energy, relieve inflammation and leave behind a pleasant aroma.
Ginger for cosmetic purposes has been used since ancient times. They were treated the affected skin, washed the head, used as a deodorizing agent. Today, the root is valued no less, for good reason it is among the ten most useful for the health and beauty of plants, derived by Chinese scientists.
The composition of ginger root
The valuable qualities of ginger are due to its unique and rich composition:
Contains ginger gingerol, which provides its pronounced and slightly burning taste. This substance has anti-inflammatory and analgesic effect.
Most of the nutrients are concentrated under the skin of ginger, which is why it needs to be finely cleaned. For the preparation of a variety of home cosmetics (masks, lotions, creams), you can use ginger not only in fresh form, but also in the form of powder.
When should I use ginger based products?
Regular use of cosmetics, including ginger, is recommended in the following cases:
- acne and acne,
- lethargy and skin fatigue
- dull, unhealthy, yellowish or grayish skin color,
- mimic wrinkles and “crow's feet”,
- flabbiness of skin and decrease in its elasticity.
The effect of ginger on the skin
The composition of ginger root includes valuable vitamins and amino acids, which are natural antioxidants and help in the fight against age-related changes in the skin. There is a recovery at the cellular level of metabolic processes. The active substances contained in ginger have a tonic effect on the skin and help to get rid of various skin problems - for example, dermatitis, acne, microcracks, boils.
Masks, prepared on the basis of ginger root, contribute to accelerated restoration of proper functioning of the sebaceous glands. Regardless of the type of skin, there is an improvement in its overall condition.
Despite the fact that ginger root has a lot of useful qualities, it can have a very aggressive effect on the skin, causing a strong burning sensation, itching or irritation in the most sensitive areas. To prevent such negative consequences, you should not use pure ginger. Do not allow contact with the mucous eye of ginger juice.
Using ginger masks requires following simple rules:
- Before using any cosmetic product that contains ginger, you need to make sure that you are not allergic.
- Ginger can provoke severe skin burns, so it is recommended to combine it with herbal extract, oils, green tea or honey. These ingredients soften the effect of the root.
- If a slight burning sensation is felt after application to the skin, it is quite normal. If it bakes badly, you need to immediately wash and no longer use such a tool.
- It is strictly forbidden to put ginger masks on the skin around the eyes, as this is the most sensitive area.
- Ginger masks are not recommended for use during pregnancy and for viral or catarrhal diseases that are accompanied by hypothermia.
It is forbidden to use cosmetics with ginger for skin diseases that are infectious in nature, if there are open wounds or allergic dermatitis.
Ginger Face Mask Recipes
The process of making masks with ginger is very simple, just find the perfect recipe for yourself and use only high-quality ingredients. Ginger root can be peeled, grated on a fine grater and stored in the refrigerator for several days. If you plan to use ginger in powder form, you should choose only the spice, in which there are no flavor enhancers and dyes.
Classic Ginger Mask
- The composition of this tool includes mineral water without gas (100 ml) and ginger root powder (0.5 tsp).
- The powder is diluted with mineral water, which is preheated.
- The resulting composition is applied to the skin with a cotton swab.
- After 5-7 minutes, the mask is washed off with plenty of warm water.
- You need to use this mask at bedtime for 10 days.
Regular use of a ginger mask will help get rid of acne and inflammation.
Nourishing mask with olive oil and ginger
- To prepare the mask, grated ginger root (50 g), olive oil (1/3 tbsp.) Is taken.
- Grated ginger is poured with olive oil and left for some time, so that the composition can infuse.
- The finished mask is applied to the skin of the face and neck.
- Wash off the mask after 15 minutes.
- The skin is wiped with any nourishing lotion.
This is an ideal mask for dry skin, especially if there is a tendency to flaking. Under the condition of regular use, the skin becomes more elastic and taut, fine wrinkles are smoothed.
Mask for oily skin with ginger and white clay
- The mask contains white cosmetic clay (30 g), fresh green tea (1/3 tbsp.), Grated ginger (1 tbsp. L.), Chamomile decoction (1 tbsp.).
- All components are mixed, you can add a little more herbal broth, if the composition will be too thick.
- The finished mask is applied to the previously cleansed skin of the face and left to dry completely.
- The mask is washed off with plenty of warm water.
- This cosmetic procedure is carried out no more than twice in 10 days.
Ginger-honey mask for mature skin
- To prepare the mask, you need to take ginger powder (1 pinch), honey (50 g).
- Ingredients are mixed until the composition acquires a uniform consistency.
- The finished mask is applied to the face, neck and decollete.
- After 15 minutes, the remains of the mask are washed off with warm water.
Regular use of this mask option helps to combat age-related skin changes. Smoothes mimic wrinkles and tightens the skin. Apply the mask should be once a week.
Mask with yogurt and ginger for dry skin
- The mask contains grated ginger (30 g), flower honey (50 g), orange essential oil (2-3 drops), natural fatty yoghurt (1 tbsp.).
- All components are combined and thoroughly mixed.
- The composition is evenly distributed on the skin of the face.
- After 25 minutes, the mask is washed off with warm water.
- After the procedure, the skin is gently rubbed with a towel, moisturizer is applied.
This mask perfectly moisturizes dry skin. It should be used for one month every three days.
Oatmeal Cleansing Mask and Ginger Oil
- You need to take small oatmeal (0.5 tbsp.), Heavy cream (50 ml.), Concentrated ginger oil (2-3 drops), boiling water (1 tbsp.).
- The flakes are filled with boiling water and left until they swell.
- The remaining components are added to the oatmeal, and everything is well mixed until a homogeneous mass is obtained.
- The mask is applied with soft massaging movements on the skin of the face.
- After 10-12 minutes, the mask is washed off with warm water.
It is necessary to use a mask once every 7–10 days, for dry skin care more often. It is an excellent nourishing, moisturizing and cleanser that removes toxins from the skin.
Whitening mask with ginger and parsley
- To prepare the mask you need to take grated ginger (1 tbsp. L.), Parsley decoction (1/3 tbsp.), Citrus essential oil (2-3 drops). It is best to use grapefruit or orange oil.
- All components are combined and thoroughly mixed.
- The resulting gruel is applied to pre-cleansed face and neck.
- After 15 minutes, the remains of the mask are washed off with warm water.
- The mask has a whitening effect and allows you to get rid of pigmentation and freckles.
It is recommended to make a mask once a week until the desired result is obtained.