Essential fir oil has been known for its healing qualities since time immemorial, therefore it has not lost its relevance even nowadays and is used in folk and official medicine in the treatment of many ailments. Get this truly healing product from pine needles and young sprouts of fir. Externally, it is a liquid with a pronounced coniferous aroma, the composition of which is rich in glycerides, acids, aldehydes and other components.
Fir grows mainly in the forests of Eastern Siberia, there are enterprises for the extraction of fir oil. Fir oil can safely be considered a natural product, since the tree itself, parts of which are being processed for the purpose of producing oil, can grow exclusively in ecologically clean areas.
Useful properties of fir oil.
This amazing and biologically active extract has high cosmetic and strong healing properties - disinfectant, bactericidal, antiseptic, anti-inflammatory, analgesic properties. Also its use has a tonic, tonic and sedative effect.
Fir oil is often used as a preventive measure and for treating diseases of the lungs and upper respiratory tract, acute respiratory viral infections, influenza, pneumonia, bronchial asthma, bronchitis, has a calming and expectorant effect, relieves irritation. This healing product is rich in provitamins and phytoncides, which makes it possible to effectively use it as a means for general strengthening of the body, increasing its defenses. Its action is simply invaluable in frostbite and hypothermia.
The analgesic properties of fir oil are invaluable in the treatment of neuritis, arthrosis, neuralgia and osteochondrosis, rheumatism, gout, besides the tool additionally gives anti-edema effect.
Fir oil is also valuable for its vasoconstrictive ability, ability to increase myocardial contractility, stimulate an increase in blood pressure and restore impaired blood circulation.
Fir oil has a favorable stimulating effect on the state of the central nervous system, relieves stress, copes well with chronic fatigue, neurosis and sleep disorders, including treatment of insomnia, returns tone, harmony and rest.
This essential oil is often used as an additional treatment for diseases of a urological and gynecological nature.
It is possible to apply oil for external purposes, in the form of inhalations, therapeutic baths, as well as for the purpose of flavoring and disinfecting the room (it has a detrimental effect on disease-causing microbes, removes unpleasant odors, makes the air cleaner). Fir oil is one of the components of medical camphor, which is used in the treatment of burns, arthritis, rheumatism, arthrosis, eczema.
This tool can contribute to the development of allergic reactions, so before using it you should test the skin.
Suffering from kidney disease, no matter in what form, the use of fir oil can be carried out only according to the testimony of a doctor.
When applying the oil of fir on the skin can be observed within a couple of minutes, a slight tingling.
Application in cosmetology.
For cosmetic purposes, fir oil is used only to solve serious problems that are in the acute phase of development, as an antiseptic and deodorizing agent. It is ideal for the treatment of pustular eruptions, furunculosis, acne, removal of edema. It is also effective against wrinkles, flabbiness, applied to mature, aging and fading skin of the face, has a pronounced lifting effect, significantly rejuvenating the skin.
Fir oil is a great helper for excessive sweating of the feet and in the treatment of dermatoses on the feet.
Baths and baths with essential oil of fir.
Inhalation and aromatherapy using fir oil will come in handy during the height of colds, with angina and bronchitis. As well as eucalyptus, lavender and frankincense, fir oil is used to deodorize the premises. For homemade aromatherapy with fir oil, it is enough to pour stones with water enriched with this wonderful remedy (1 drop per liter of water). Anyone who prefers ordinary baths to baths can also apply oil by adding it to warm water (pre-dilute 8 ml of oil into 100-150 ml of water at 80 - 90 ° C). Oil is added to water, not the other way around! Fifteen minutes in such a bath, and you will get rid of fatigue, calm the nervous system, relax, gain strength, improve sleep, get rid of insomnia, and with regular procedures strengthen the immune system and rejuvenate the skin. Fir baths are excellent help with gynecological and urological diseases.
Fir oil treatment, recipes.
Baths for the treatment of skin problems.
For such procedures, it is necessary to prepare an emulsion in advance. To do this, use enameled ware, which is filled with plain water (550 ml). Boil this water, add 30 g of baby soap, rubbed on a coarse grater, then cook over low heat until the soap is completely dissolved. Next, remove the mixture from the heat, after fifteen minutes, gradually stirring, pour into the mixture 0.5 liters of fir oil. Mix everything thoroughly and pour into containers with lids. Keep the emulsion in a dark place.
For therapeutic baths (I’ll say right away that it is necessary to carry out several procedures, and each time the volume of the emulsion used should be increased), the bath (200 l) with water at a temperature of 39-42 degrees should be filled, with heart problems, the temperature should be maintained at 39 degrees. Next, pour into the water 15 ml of the emulsion and mix well. Take a bath for fifteen minutes, and the water should not cover the heart area. If all of these conditions are met, after ten minutes of the procedure, you will feel a slight tingling in the groin and perineum area. To prevent this from occurring in advance, apply common petroleum jelly to these areas. Wiping off after such a bath is not tedious, it is important to lie down after the procedure and lie down quietly for fifteen minutes.
In the next procedure, the dose of the emulsion used should be increased by 5 ml, that is, twenty ml, and so on each time until the volume reaches 85 ml per procedure. The amount of the finished emulsion is approximately enough for twenty procedures applied every day, preferably overnight. You can repeat the treatment after six months.
During the fir baths, you should give up alcohol, smoking and spicy foods.
Removal of warts.
In pure form, apply the oil with spot strokes directly on the wart four times a day.
For the same purpose, you can use a mixture of 300 g of celandine juice and 20 ml of fir oil. First, squeeze the juice, give it to thicken to a state similar to jelly, and only then add oil. Treat this composition with warts three times a day until they are completely eliminated.
Such a remedy is also effective: chop two medium garlic cloves with medium-size lemon halves mixed with juice, add 10 ml of acetic acid and 30 ml of fir oil. All mixed and can be used, lubricating warts daily. Before the procedure, it is advisable to steam the warts by holding them in hot water.
Treatment of lichen.
From 200 g of celandine to get the juice, let it stand until a living-like consistency is formed, mix it with 40 ml of fir oil. Compound lubricate lichen several times a day.
Grind four garlic cloves, add the juice of one lemon, 10 ml of acetic acid and 20 ml of fir oil into a mush. Lubricate lichen every day two or three times.
Alcohol tincture of propolis and fir oil is also effective. Mix 20 ml of oil and 20 g of propolis, pour alcohol and insist for three days. Do not apply with open wounds or cuts.
Treatment of wounds, cuts, infections.
Compresses with oil are effective: moisten a bandage in fir oil and apply on the affected area, fix polyethylene on top. Change dressing every twelve hours. For large skin lesions, oil is contraindicated.
Treatment of cough and colds.
In the treatment of colds, fir oil is used in the form of therapeutic sitz baths, compresses, massage, internal use, inhalations.
For a sit-down bath, add 50 ml of oil to warm water and take a bath for ten minutes.
Foot bath: in a bowl with hot water (so that the skin is patient) to enter 20 ml of oil. Hold her legs for ten minutes.
For internal use, fir oil (6 ml) is mixed with natural fruit juice (200 ml) (except citrus fruits), or a teaspoon of honey. Take three times daily before meals.
For the prevention of colds, it is necessary to rub into the chest and back a mixture of 50 ml of sunflower oil with rosemary, fir and mint, taken in 5 ml.
With flu and cold, rub neck, back and chest with fir oil, massage with it every five hours, then drink raspberry or lime tea and lie under a blanket.
For the treatment of angina, it is good to lubricate the tonsils with fir oil, and also to instill a drop of oil in each nasal passage. In the first minutes a slight burning sensation will be felt, “sneezing”, but literally in ten minutes everything will pass, and the state will improve with each procedure.
With bronchitis and pneumonia, rubbing with fir oil is effective. After that, it is recommended to put a heating pad or heated towel on the chest. Can be combined with inhalation.
Treatment of infectious diseases of the nasopharynx.
In this case, the product can be used in different ways: inhalation, massage, rubbing, baths and baths, room aromatization, internal use. The application is similar to the above.
Treatment of intestinal infections.
Drink fir oil in every three hours. In a glass of juice, tea, add 5 ml of oil.
The greatest effect in this case is given by inhalation with this miraculous product of nature.
Treatment of bruises.
Twice to rub oil in a bruise zone, in the morning and in the evening, and in the latter case it is more effective to put a compress at night.
Treatment of periodontal disease and toothache.
To relieve a toothache or relieve inflammation of the gums, it is necessary to apply a tampon dipped in fir oil for twenty minutes. The procedure can be repeated every two hours for toothache.
When periodontal disease spend 15-20 applications with fir oil, repeat treatment is possible after three months.
To prevent mucosal burns, pre-dissolve the oil (5 ml) in a glass of warm water.
Treatment of eye diseases.
For barley, cholesium or blepharitis, rub fir oil into tightly squeezed eyelids, preventing its penetration into the eyes.
Treatment of fungal diseases and diaper rash.
When fungal lesions of the legs well help lotion with fir oil. The procedure is carried out for twenty minutes. Treatment is carried out daily until complete cure of the fungus. It usually takes from seven to ten days.
For the treatment of diaper rash, lubricate the affected areas three times a day, or apply the application for ten minutes.
From insect bites.
Lubricate with clean oil of bite area, when edema fir oil is combined with almond, apricot oil, olive. This method is effective for blisters and blisters.
In case of arthritis, myositis, radiculitis, apply fir oil with rubbing movements in the region of diseased joints, which must be rubbed with alcohol beforehand.
For angina, rub 5 ml of oil with light movements in the chest area on the left. In severe cases, the procedure is carried out three to four times a day.
For the treatment of osteochondrosis, it is effective to rub fir oil along the spine directly after the massage in the area of pain after massage.
This helps with boils: 7 drops of fir oil with 3 grams of Vishnevsky ointment. Spread the composition on the bandage, which should be applied to the affected area, cover with a compress paper and fix with a bandage. This bandage to do three times a day.
Fir oil contraindications.
- The period of pregnancy and lactation.
- Individual intolerance.
- The presence of pathologies of the kidneys.
- Gastritis and ulcers.
- Oil can not be taken inside on an empty stomach.
Since the agent can cause severe allergic reactions, it is important to test for individual intolerance before use, and the agent should be applied to the skin (observed for 24 hours) and inhaled for five minutes.
Fir oil during pregnancy.
Fir oil is forbidden to use by pregnant women, especially in the early stages, since the allergic reactions that it can provoke will be extremely dangerous for both mother and fetus. In particular, it has been proven that its use during childbearing provokes a violation of embryonic development and causes renal failure.
Characteristics and composition
Externally, fir oil is a colorless or slightly yellowish liquid that has a flowing consistency and a pleasant refreshing pine aroma. Due to its unique composition with active antibacterial components, this oil can be stored for a very long time, while not losing its healing properties.
The aroma of fir oil - one of the most tonic and affecting the emotional sphere of their existing. That is why in aromatherapy it is often used to restore the psycho-emotional state, get rid of obsessive and restless thoughts, as well as to restore the body after serious nervous stress.
The composition of fir oil includes about 35 different compounds, each of which has a beneficial effect on the health and strength of the human body. Have you ever noticed that a good walk in the coniferous forest is not only not tiring, it is also able to add strength, there is a feeling of lightness and vigor?
All this is due to the unique composition, which is able to fight viruses and bacteria, rod-shaped organisms, staphylococci and other microorganisms that interfere with our health and mood.
It contains ascorbic acid, tannins, tocopherols, carotene and many other biologically active compounds. Thanks to them, fir product is a powerful preventive and curative remedy for colds, flu, acute respiratory infections, bronchopulmonary pathologies and many others.
This tool also has valuable cosmetic, anti-inflammatory, disinfectant properties, the secrets of which humanity has been successfully using for more than one century. This product is recommended to take to normalize cardiovascular activity, as well as to maintain the overall physical shape of the body.
An interesting fact is that it is indispensable for those who suffer with constant pressure surges: oil increases low blood pressure and, on the contrary, lowers high blood pressure. And for those with pressure everything is normal - absolutely does not change it.
The use of such a product is carried out both internally and externally, most often in the form of inhalation or as a component to create balms and oils. With the help of external use, in the first place, wounds, cuts and scratches are disinfected, as it prevents the suppuration of open wounds.
Fir oil is suitable for the treatment of many skin diseases and rashes, including acne. Mixing fir oil and melted goose or pork fat, get healing ointment, which effectively cope with the treatment of eczema, festering wounds and skin ulcers.
It also helps to treat osteochondrosis, sciatica and polyarthritis: the oil penetrates into the joints, improves the microcirculation of lymph and blood in them, which helps restore the cartilage tissue nutrition and relieves pain syndromes.
At home, it is very convenient, pleasant and, importantly, it is useful to take baths with the effect of aromatherapy, which is an excellent prevention of the common cold, cough, sore throat, as well as other catarrhal and viral diseases.
To do this, just dial a hot bath and drop a couple of drops of fir oil into it, and then lie in it for 15 minutes. This procedure is not only the prevention of diseases, but also soothes the nervous system, relieves stress and fatigue, improves immunity and provides an influx of forces.
And even more - regular aromatic baths increase skin tone, relieve small wrinkles, improve silhouette and are excellent prevention of gynecological diseases.
Application in cosmetology
Fir oil is actively used to solve many cosmetic problems, allows you to cope with skin problems: ulcers, scabies, psoriasis, eczema and other skin irritations. Также данный продукт эффективен против борьбы с целлюлитом: для этого достаточно втирать несколько капель масла в проблемные зоны, чтобы усилить эффект, с его помощью можно проводить массажи.
Благодаря сладковатому запаху масла пихты, его частенько используют для создания духов и других ароматических продуктов. С его помощью можно вывести вшей из волос, также важно помнить, что для регулярного ухода за кожей данный продукт не подходит, его можно использовать только для лечения конкретных проблем.
Также нельзя забывать о противопоказаниях: его нельзя использовать во время беременности, а также принимать вовнутрь при наличии язвенных болезней и гастритов. Fir oils in their pure form can not be applied to the skin, it must be diluted with another plant base or taken with a thick vehicle (jam, honey, etc.).
How is fir oil useful?
An oil extract is obtained from young branches of the tree, cones, and needles by distillation. Substance affects viruses, bacteria, fungus. In the composition - provitamins, phytoncides, oleic and lauric acids, camphene, carotene, tannins. In the complex they serve to strengthen the body, the return of harmony, peace. The price of the funds is small. As for beauty, the Siberian elixir in cosmetology is the first assistant.
Dandruff, peeling of the scalp will pass, it is worth adding 1-2 drops of fir to the shampoo. Hair will help the combination of 3 tablespoons of mustard powder, diluted with warm water, and 2-3 drops of fir balsam. Pharmaceuticals are inferior to blue clay in the consistency of thick cream, if you add a couple of drops of concentrate to it. It is useful, according to the instructions, the connection of fir balsam with other oils. Use the resulting substance as a mask.
- fir balm - 2 drops,
- castor, burdock oil - 1 drop,
- dry yeast - 2 tbsp. l.,
- onion juice
- sea salt - pinch
- Dissolve the yeast in warm water, add other ingredients.
- Apply a mask on the hair roots, cover the head with polyethylene, a towel (for heat).
- Wash off after 2 hours.
Fir "doctor" is struggling with skin wilting, you just need to add a couple of drops in the usual cream. They will provide the cells with nutrients, make the skin supple, reduce the number of wrinkles, remove bags under the eyes. This is especially important for older women. Before applying to a moist clean face for 30-35 minutes, all parts must be joined. Ingredients:
- apricot seed oil or wheat germ - 15 ml,
- fir extract - 4 four drops,
- concentrated solutions of vitamins A, E - 1 drop.
- Oily skin likes whipped chicken protein with fir resin (4 drops). Apply the mixture in layers, and when the mask is dry - wash off.
- Dry skin will help mashed potatoes with cream and fir means (3 drops). Keep the mask for a quarter of an hour.
- If in half a glass of warm water, add 7 drops, freeze, wipe the skin of the face, it will stop sweating in the heat.
- A guaranteed method of rejuvenation - 10 g of baby cream and 4-6 drops of oil.
Fir oil treatment
This oil dissolves salts in the joints, relieves pain in case of neuritis, rheumatism, gout, osteochondrosis. This is one of the best ways to treat colds and flu. Excellent 10-minute inhalation with 2-3 drops of extract, rubbing the palms, feet, chest. When the fungus of the feet or nails is an excellent tool - warm applications from sunflower oil with fir oil extract. Hypertensive heart disease will not resist the folk doctor.
- Three drops of fir extract moisten a piece of sugar.
- Take twice a day for 1 month.
- Older people repeat the treatment after 3-4 months, the young - after 6.
- The same method is successful with varicose veins. If there is no discomfort, in places of blockage, it is possible to massage with light circular movements with fir means for 3-5 minutes. (at least 2 times a day).
- After a month of the course - a break for 3 weeks. Then repeat the treatment.
From a cold
At a cold, fir extract in the nose gives effect. But it is necessary to dig in a mixture of fir and sea buckthorn oils in equal shares and warm boiled water:
- Dilute 2-3 drops from 100 ml of warm water. Bury the solution in the nostrils a few drops. This procedure is dangerous for children.
- Mix 1 tsp. vegetable and 3-4 drops of fir extract. To drip into each nostril during the day 3-4 times.
Fir oil acne and acne, fungal skin diseases. It regulates the function of the sebaceous glands, tightens the pores, fights comedones, oily shine. Procedures effectively cleanse the skin from impurities. An excellent mask is easy to prepare at home:
- Based on one tablespoon, add 2-3 drops of a mixture of thistle, black cumin, avocado, grape seed oils.
- Keep on face for 25 minutes, rinse.
- For acne, apply a point with a cotton swab.
Essential oils for bronchitis and other colds, which are accompanied by cough, are very effective:
- Inhalations have a magical property. Put 5-6 drops of essential oil in a bowl with boiling water, cover the head with a towel, inhale healing vapors for 5 minutes. Inhalations should be done 2 times a day if there is no temperature.
- Useful therapeutic drink. In a glass of juice (not citrus) put honey (a teaspoon) and 6 ml of fir extract. Drink 3 p. / Day before meals.
Against skin diseases
The tool promotes the healing of burn wounds, diaper rash, bedsores, but it must be diluted with baby cream or animal fat. In case of trophic ulcers, moist eczema, purulent wounds, ointment from internal pork fat with the addition of fir oil in the ratio of 3 to 1 acts healingly. Treat the wound with ointment, bandage, cover with wax paper, fix for 15-20 minutes 3 times / day. The course of treatment is 2 weeks.
How safe is oil treatment?
Tips on the use of fir oil will help to get the benefit by choosing affordable and effective methods of healing:
- External use of oil is permissible in diluted form, with open wounds, procedures should be abandoned.
- Testing is important: drop on the elbow bend and observe the skin reaction.
- It can not be used orally for problems with the kidneys, gastritis, ulcers.
- There are contraindications for patients with bronchial asthma, for young children and breastfeeding young mothers it is dangerous.
- Fir oil during pregnancy is unacceptable.
- It cannot be combined with alcohol: the healing power of fir will not manifest, the effect will be invisible. Harm can be serious, so it's best not to risk it.
How to choose a good fir oil
You can buy oil in pharmacies, health food stores, online stores. The main thing is to look at the catalog and read in the instructions whether the substance is well cleaned. The check shows: a drop of natural extract evaporates without a greasy residue, otherwise it is a fake with cheap vegetable oil. Do the drops added to the cream exfoliate it? So you bought a fake. Partly help label. If it is indicated that flavors were used, the product is not suitable. It is best to stop the selection on fir oil of a particular production by trial and error.
The price of fir oil varies depending on the volume and manufacturer. It is necessary to read the instructions, whether this is a drug. The oil is taken for oral administration, in the form of a cosmetic or for a sauna. Wholesalers who prefer to buy the drug in the online store should choose the price, order delivery of products, determine the time and convenient delivery method. Average cost:
- In Moscow and the region 10 ml can cost inexpensively: from 50 r. (with wholesale purchases, the price drops to 40) to 140. In other pharmacies, you can buy at a price of 90-133 p.
- A larger volume, 25 ml, is estimated at 45 to 300 r.
- 30 ml stand, ranging from 125 p. per bottle.
- 50 ml cost 140–210 p.
- Buy 200 ml at a price of 500 rubles.
Fir oil - history, characteristics, species
Majestic evergreen fir trees, exuding a cool, pungent aroma, at all times attracted human attention: residents of ancient Athens revered fir as a sacred tree, ancient Sumerians used medicinal compresses from fir needles, and Siberian people saved with fir decoction from scurvy. Nowadays, pine needles and fir cones are used as raw materials for the production of essential oil. The color of the finished product is from transparent to yellowish, the texture is light and volatile, the aroma is fresh, balsamic, woody.
From 1 ton of fir needles and cones get about 12 kg of essential oil
There are 3 varieties of fir oil commercially available, depending on the type of fir used, the differences between them are minimal and are limited to the nuances of the aroma:
- white fir (Abies alba) oil - thick woody scent,
- Siberian fir oil (Abies sibirica) - fresh forest scent,
- balsamic fir oil (Abies balsamea) - soft, slightly herbaceous scent.
Fir does not tolerate polluted air and grows only in environmentally safe - usually high-mountainous - regions, therefore all derivatives of this plant do not contain any impurities of industrial origin.
Chemical composition and benefits of fir oil
Fir oil is a mixture of volatile substances with high biological activity (pinene, camphene, Karen, bornyl acetate, Santen), which have a complex effect on the human body:
- show antimicrobial properties against pathogenic microorganisms, especially Staphylococcus aureus, which causes skin and respiratory diseases,
- have anti-inflammatory and local anesthetic effect in diseases of the joints and after injuries:
- improve sputum discharge and make breathing easier in case of acute respiratory diseases and flu,
- accelerate metabolism and increase blood circulation
- relieve muscle discomfort after exercise,
- show antioxidant properties and slow down skin aging,
- relieve nervous tension.
Camphor is obtained from fir oil - a substance without which it is difficult to imagine modern medicine. Camphor drugs are used to treat a wide range of diseases, including deadly ones.
How to choose and store fir oil
When choosing fir oil, it is recommended to give preference to a bottle of dark glass with the inscription “100% natural pure essential oil” (“100% natural pure essential oil”) with indication of which type of fir is made in Latin.
To prevent the essential oil from losing its beneficial properties, do not allow water and other substances to enter the bottle
Keep the essential oil in a dark, cool place out of the reach of children and pets. The shelf life of white and balsam fir oil is 1–2 years, and Siberian fir is 3 years.
Contraindications and rules of use
Essential oil of fir is not recommended for use in the following cases:
- individual intolerance,
- acute kidney disease
- gastric and duodenal ulcer,
- gastritis with high acidity,
- pregnancy and breastfeeding,
- age up to 2 years.
Although fir oil has low toxicity, do not take it inside without a doctor's permission, avoid contact with eyes and do not apply undiluted on the skin and mucous membranes to avoid burns.
Instructions for use
Essential oil of fir is used in various ways depending on the desired effect:
- an aroma lamp with fir oil (2-3 drops per room of medium size - this concentration is identical to the natural one, as if you are in the fir forest) disinfects the indoor air, prevents the development of respiratory diseases during epidemics, tones the body and stimulates mental activity,
- spray with fir oil (10 drops per bottle of distilled water with a volume of 60 ml) will refresh, moisturize and disinfect the indoor air during the heating season,
- inhalation (2–4 drops per cup of hot water) is used for acute respiratory diseases and to stimulate digestion. Water vapor saturated with fir essential oil penetrates deep into the respiratory tract, killing bacteria, diluting sputum and relieving inflammation,
- A bath with fir oil (5-10 drops mixed in 1 tablespoon of bath foam, milk, almond or other base oil, added to the bath) is indicated for nervous exhaustion, insomnia, and also improves the condition of patients with chronic diseases of the skin and joints,
- the use of fir oil in a bath or sauna (add 3–4 drops to a container with warm water, leave to evaporate freely) will enhance the therapeutic effect of steam and will be an effective prevention of colds,
- the massage with fir oil (add 8 drops of fir oil, 2 drops of mint oil, 5 drops of lavender oil and rosemary oil in 60 ml of jojoba oil) will be appreciated by athletes who experience muscle discomfort after training. Fir oil increases blood circulation and lymph flow, contributing to the rapid release of excess lactic acid from muscle fibers,
- Adding preservatives and fragrances to the natural face cream (1 drop per 1 coffee spoon) immediately before application will help to slow down the aging of the skin due to the strong antioxidant properties of fir oil. This mixture is not stored, so it should be used immediately,
- shampoo with fir oil (1 tablespoon of shampoo 1 drop of fir oil and 2 drops of tea tree oil) heals the skin of the head and eliminates dandruff.
Video: how to make bath bombs with essential oils
It is possible to strengthen the aromatherapy properties of fir oil by making the following compositions:
- after a busy day - mix 5 drops of fir, lemon and lime oil,
- to improve performance - mix 5 drops of oil of fir, rosemary and mint,
- to create an atmosphere of peace, comfort and hospitality - in 10 drops of fir oil add 5 drops of frankincense and orange oil,
- for antistress effect - mix 2 drops of fir oil with 3 drops of patchouli oil,
- for New Year's mood - mix in equal proportions of oil of fir, cinnamon, myrrh and orange.
Such mixtures are intended not only for aroma lamps, but also for adding to the base oil for massage or bath.
Fir oil in gynecology
Baths with essential oil of fir (5–10 drops per 1 tablespoon of a fat base) have an anti-inflammatory and antiseptic effect; therefore, they are recommended for patients suffering from cystitis.
For the prevention of infectious diseases of the female genital sphere, it is recommended to add fir oil (2 drops per 1 tablespoon) to the means for intimate hygiene immediately before application.
Fir oil for children
Children's skin is thinner and more sensitive than adult skin, and essential oils are potent substances, so care must be taken. Starting from the age of two, fir oil can be gradually introduced into child care procedures. Carefully monitor the child's well-being: in case of unusual skin rash or other allergy symptoms, the use of fir oil should be stopped. Before the child reaches the age of 6 years, preference should be given to aroma lamps and sprays to disinfect the air in the room, and then proceed to the following methods of using fir oil:
- Massage of the chest and neck area with fir oil (1 drop per 1 tablespoon of almond oil) improves well-being with influenza and ARVI. Gradually increase the concentration to 2-3 drops per tablespoon,
- inhalation with fir oil disinfects the airways for acute respiratory diseases and accelerates recovery. You should start with a simplified version: put a drop on a cotton wool and let the child breathe ethereal vapors. With good portability, go to the classic version: 2-4 drops per 200 ml of hot water. To enhance the effect, it is recommended to take 1 drop of fir oil and 3 drops of cedar oil,
- adding fir oil (2-3 drops per tablespoon) to children's cream will enhance its effectiveness against diaper rash and diathesis,
- a bath with fir oil in the evening contributes to more rapid sleep and good sleep in hyperactive and restless children: in 1 tablespoon of almond or coconut oil dissolve 1 drop of oil of fir, lavender and chamomile.
Even the North American Indians knew about the beneficial effect of fir flavor on the nervous system: they stuffed pillows with fir needles so that the sleep was deep and refreshing.
Fir oil in cosmetology
Due to its strong antioxidant and antiseptic properties, fir oil is used to care for any type of skin:
- For intensive skin rejuvenation, it is recommended to do an oil wrap 2 times a week: Dissolve 2-3 drops of fir oil in 1 tablespoon of slightly warmed avocado, olive, sea buckthorn or almond oil, soak gauze with this compound and apply tightly to the face for 20–30 minutes ,
- for moisturizing and nourishing any type of skin, preventing wrinkles, a mask made of finely grated apple, a teaspoon of linseed oil and 2 drops of fir oil is suitable. Wash off the mask after 20 minutes,
- to remove greasy luster and inflammation on oily skin, to tighten and whiten the skin, as well as to get rid of black spots and post-acne, a mask of the following components will help: take 1 tablespoon of white and blue clay, 1 tablespoon of water and aloe juice, 2 drops oil of fir and lemon, mix the ingredients, bring to a creamy consistency and mix thoroughly. Apply to the skin, avoiding the area around the eyes, rinse off after drying. Repeat 2 times a week.
In the cold season, the problem of lip chapping and cracking becomes urgent. At home, you can prepare fir lip balm, which not only protects the delicate skin of the lips from frost and wind, but also prevents the appearance of herpetic eruptions. Mix in a water bath and 1 teaspoon of beeswax and mango oil (coconut, cocoa), add 1/3 teaspoon of jojoba oil, 1 capsule of vitamin E and 1 drop of fir oil. Stir and pour the mixture into a jar. Бальзам храните в холодильнике не более 6 месяцев.
Для снятия макияжа
Чтобы приготовить натуральное средство для снятия макияжа с пихтовым маслом, смешайте в бутылочке 3 столовые ложки очищенной воды и 2 столовые ложки базового масла (миндального — для сухой и нормальной, жожоба — для жирной), добавьте 2–3 капли масла пихты. Перед применением встряхните. Такой состав хорошо очищает кожу, но при попадании на слизистую глаз может вызвать дискомфорт, поэтому соблюдайте осторожность при снятии макияжа с глаз.
For hands, nails and cuticles
To strengthen the nails, give them shine, moisturize the cuticle, mix 1 teaspoon of jojoba oil and 1 drop of rose, lemon and fir. Rub several times a day.
Before the procedure of manicure, it is recommended to make a fir bath for hands: in 1 tablespoon of base oil (walnuts, almond, olive) add 3 drops of fir oil, pour it into the container with hot water and immerse it in your hands for 15 minutes.
If there is no damage to the skin of the hands, add a tablespoon of sea salt to the bath to make the nails more durable
After such a bath, the skin becomes tender, minor injuries and cracks heal, and the cuticle is easier to manicure.
For eyebrows and eyelashes
Strengthen eyebrows and eyelashes, to enhance their growth, you can use castor oil, further enhanced with fir oil. To prepare such a mixture of 5 teaspoons (25 ml) of castor oil, add 1 drop of essential oil of fir - this concentration is safe for delicate and sensitive skin around the eyes. Store the mixture in a jar or a pre-washed tube of eyelash balm. Apply the mixture to the roots of the eyebrows and eyelashes with a cotton swab or brush, making sure that the oil does not fall on the mucous membrane. After 30 minutes, remove the remaining oil with a cotton pad. Repeat every evening for 2 weeks. If there are signs of allergy - redness and swelling of the mucous membranes, burning sensation and sand in the eyes - the use of an oily mixture should be stopped.
Reviews on the use of fir oil
I bought fir oil to add to the humidifier. Excellent natural flavor and antiseptic. Also apply oil for cosmetic wraps. And I found for myself another quality of fir oil. It copes with a sore throat, treats pharyngitis and sore throat. Apply the oil with a cotton swab on the throat. Reduces pain, relieves redness.
Recently I caught a cold and my ear ached - it already shot, and my throat hurts to swallow other charms. Mom advised to do compresses with fir oil on the throat and ear. She did. I must say that a very effective remedy turned out, the ear and throat stopped hurting after 2 days of treatment. Only now it seems that I have slightly gone too far with the frequency of changing the compress, because the oil burned the skin: it began to peel off and peel off like scales. But amid the fact that I cured both my throat and ear very quickly, this is garbage. The bubble says that the oil can be added to the bath, literally 5–6 drops, which is also very useful. It smells very nice, like in the woods, a bath with a drop of this oil is an incomparable pleasure!
Fir oil is known for its strength against all kinds of colds. It is especially good to add it during inhalation into the water (if you are steaming the throat with the old antiquated method, that is, over a basin of water) or into a nebulizer. And for angina (especially purulent), I was advised to gently lubricate the tonsils. Indeed, then the disease is easier, and recovery is faster. If you have a sharp toothache, then the fleece marked in the oil is placed on the source of the pain, which makes it easier only longer than 20 minutes, it is better not to hold the fleece, you can still burn the mucosa. At the very least, this method will help you live to see a dentist.
Video: How to make a whitening face mask with fir oil
Fir oil is not only a nostalgic aroma of the New Year, but also an effective preventive and therapeutic agent for all occasions. Essential oil of fir is worth it to settle it in the first-aid kit - then, perhaps, all subsequent flu epidemics will bypass you or at least not knock it out of working rut for a long time.
For face skin
It is usually used by people with oily problem skin, because it cleans it perfectly, eliminating acne.
- Mix a couple of droplets of the extract with a teaspoon of grape seed oil. Apply the mixture on the skin for 15 minutes, then wash off the mask.
- If there are pustules on the face, dip the cotton swab in the oil and gently anoint the wound.
- Drip a few drops of the remedies in masks, prepared by yourself, or in night creams - this will help smooth out fine wrinkles and make the skin more elastic.
- For aging skin, it is also recommended to mix egg yolk, aloe juice (a tablespoon will be enough), two drops of the extract and spread on the face and neck, leaving for 15-20 minutes, then rinse with warm water.
- The second version of the mask with the same problem: mix a teaspoon of honey with a tablespoon of plantain, brought to a state of gruel, and drop two drops of fir extract there.
Oil fir is struggling with the problem of excessive oily hair. But it is used in the event of other problems.
- This mask perfectly dries the skin: put rye dried bread for a couple of hours in water to obtain a slurry, knead, put two drops of the extract and apply a warm mass to the hair roots. After half an hour, rinse.
- For the same purpose, another method will do: a chicken egg is well whipped and two drops of the product are mixed in. The mixture can be used as a mask and shampoo.
- White or blue clay perfectly solves the problem of excessive grease. Dissolve it in warm water until creamy mass, drop a couple of drops of oil there and cover the hair for 15-20 minutes, then rinse.
- There is another method for oily hair - a drop of fir extract, wipe the teeth of the comb and a good comb. This procedure is best done before washing the head, somewhere in an hour.
- To moisturize the skin and strengthen the hair, take a tablespoon of honey, a teaspoon of aloe juice, two drops of fir extract, stir and spread the roots, leaving the mixture for 20 minutes.
- Against dandruff, you can make the tincture: take equal parts of dry nettle and coltsfoot, mix in a couple of drops of oil, rinse the hair with grass at the end of each wash.
- To make your hair look good, shiny and silky, make a mask of kefir and two drops of extract once a week, leaving it for 20 minutes.
The massage with fir oil wonderfully relaxes and has a healing effect - it helps get rid of wrinkles, skin elasticity, restores sleep.
Massage with an extract (it drops 2-3 drops on the affected areas and massaged) is indispensable for psoriasis, dermatitis, eczema.
The extract is also excellent for regular anti-cellulite massage: drop 3-4 drops on problem areas and massage.
By the way, the massage mixture is just to be made by yourself: to 30 ml of the basic oil (take apricot, almond, chamomile or peach) add 25 drops of fir.
Of course, the joints should be treated not only with fir oil, but as a supplement to other methods, it will work fine.
- When arthrosis is recommended baths. Pour water with fir oil (10 drops to 1 liter of water) in a strong plastic bag, place it in a basin with hot water. Feet knee-deep in the package. After 15 minutes, remove them and rub the sore spots with oil. It will take about 15 similar procedures, maybe a little more. In this way, arthrosis on the hands is also treated using 1.5 liters of water.
- You can warm the patients with articular water or with bags filled with salt, then rub a little fir extract into them (at least 15 such sessions are necessary).
- Not everyone knows whether it is possible to take fir oil inside. Can. If you are suffering from polyarthritis or catarrhal arthritis, put it on a slice of bread or mix with sunflower, sesame or linseed oil.
- When problems with the joints also give the result of massage or rubbing. Just before this, wipe the sore spot with salt or alcohol, or make a compress with any of these tools. And only after rubbing extract.
- You can do and foot baths. Remember that for one bath (at a water temperature somewhere +39 ° C) will require no more than 10 drops. Each session takes 15 minutes. After the bath, wipe your feet and rub the oil in them for several minutes. You should take 12 baths, then pause for a few weeks - and the course can be repeated again.
- Recommend and daily rubbing before bedtime - the mixture is rubbed dry, and the joints are muffled. It is not difficult to prepare the mixture: in one third of a glass bottle (0.5 l) pour turpentine and put a small piece of camphor, in the second - sunflower oil with 10 drops of fir, and finally - alcohol.
Aromatherapy and Wellness Baths
Aromatherapy does not do without fir oil. If you go to a bath or sauna, dissolve it in water or drip a little on hot stones. Breathing in these couples will be very useful.
And before the wellness baths prepare a special emulsion. Boil 550 ml of water, add 30 g of grated baby soap and simmer until it dissolves. Remove the pot from the heat, and after 15 minutes, gently stirring, pour 0.5 liters of oil into it. Mix well, pour into a container and close them tightly. Store in a dark place. Based on this calculation, the emulsion is enough for 20 procedures.
Into the filled bath pour 15 ml of emulsion, mix thoroughly. Take a bath for 15 minutes (water should not affect the heart area). Already after 10 minutes you will feel a slight tingling in the groin area. To avoid this, you can apply Vaseline to the perineum in advance. Wrap at the end is not necessary, it is better to just lie down quietly for 15-20 minutes.
With each bath, increase the amount of emulsion by 5 ml - up to 85 ml. Bath with fir oil daily before bedtime. The course can be completed again after six months.
Fir oil inhalations are good for cough and runny nose (if there is no temperature). Boil a liter of water, cool it a little, drip a few drops of oil and breathe over the steam for 5-10 minutes, covered with a towel. At the end, lie down in bed or just wrap yourself up.
Inhalation is used against flu and bronchitis.
The emulsion is also effective against warts if they are oiled four times a day. And you can make a mixture. Squeeze 300 g of juice from celandine, and when it becomes like jelly, add 20 ml of oil. Smear the warts three times a day until they disappear.
There is such a method: mash two cloves of garlic and mix with lemon juice (half citrus is enough), add 10 ml of acetic acid and 30 ml of fir extract, stir, smear the wart daily. Before any of these procedures, warts are recommended to be steamed in hot water.
For cuts and bruises
If you cut yourself, dip the bandage into the extract, cover the wound with it, and put polyethylene / film on top. Change the compress after 12 hours to complete healing. With deep cuts, this method is contraindicated!
And if you hurt yourself, rub this place twice a day - in the morning and before bedtime.
Against a toothache or gum disease, apply a tampon soaked in oil for 20 minutes. If the pain does not completely let go, do so every two hours. In order not to burn the mucous, 5 ml of oil is dissolved in a cup with warm water.
How to choose when buying
Going to the pharmacy, be sure to examine the packaging. If the label says about flavors, then it is better to put the extract aside - it is artificial.
Another way is to put oil on a piece of paper. If after some time it has not completely evaporated, but left a fat divorce, most likely there is a sunflower base in the extract, and this indicates its poor quality.
Pay attention to the fact that the real emulsion should smell like fir, there should be no foreign odors. Another way, but it can be used after purchase: drip oil into your shower gel. It should not exfoliate.
Contraindications and harm
Fir oil is not equally beneficial for everyone. Its use is contraindicated:
- in the period of carrying and feeding the child,
- if you are allergic to this component,
- with serious kidney diseases, gastritis, ulcers, epilepsy,
- if there are deep fresh skin lesions.
Fir oil has many beneficial properties. But still, before you use it, be sure to find out more about it and read the contraindications. And even better to consult with a specialist.