Boils (and the more complicated stage of the disease - furunculosis) is a fairly common ailment that affects more often men than women. The furuncle can appear at any age - both at the chest baby, and at the elderly man or woman. There are many reasons for its appearance, and the process of maturation of an abscess is painful and slow, bringing inconvenience and suffering. Therefore, many people are interested in the question: how to quickly treat a boil at home? After all, it is not always possible and time to immediately consult a doctor. And it also happens that a person is simply embarrassed to come to a stranger with his problem, especially if Chiry jumped up in a place hidden from prying eyes.
To learn how to treat chirias and boils on their own, and in which cases you still need to seek medical help, we learn from the article.
What is a boil, a description
The furuncle (popularly called "chiry") is a purulent formation, first manifested in the form of a red tubercle. The infection is localized in the hair follicle and externally the boil with something, at least at first, resembles a pimple. But this is not a harmless abscess. Chiry differs from acne in that the infection spreads much faster, and the pustular shaft deepens over the entire length of the hair follicle. Next, the abscess spreads to nearby tissues and affects the sebaceous gland. The furuncle is much more painful and more dangerous than a usual abscess and requires a special approach to treatment.
Most often, boils appear in areas of large accumulations of sebaceous glands and hair follicles, as well as where the skin sweats and is subject to constant friction. These can be the axillary hollows, the groin area and the buttocks, the scalp. In general, boils can form anywhere on the body, and there is more than enough reason to do so. First, there is a compaction and redness, a little later the pain begins, and as the boil matures, it grows stronger. With internal boils and ripening of the abscess for too long, the pain can be very strong. There is a temperature and weakness. That is why it is important to know how to quickly treat the boil. At home, cope with the usual (external) chiri simple and fully capable of each.
Why do boils appear? Almost always chirii occur on the background of a weakened immune system or stress, for example, after severe hypothermia. There are a number of diseases that are prerequisites for this unpleasant disease. These are various hormonal disorders, chronic inflammatory processes, general slagging and lack of vitamins, especially group B. Very often, the appearance of boils leads to elementary non-compliance with the basic rules of hygiene. As a result, through microcracks that appear on the body during the day, various bacteria get into the skin in large quantities - usually it is staphylococcus. They are the main causative agents of infection.
Internal furuncle: what is the danger
There are subcutaneous boils that never break out, but “grow” inwards. Such formations are particularly dangerous because, having broken through, can lead to blood poisoning and even death. They require the obligatory supervision of a doctor who decides how to treat the internal boil. You may need an urgent surgical intervention, since internal chiry must be opened, especially if there is an abscess on the head.
You should never try to speed up the ripening of inner chiria yourself, and even more so try to squeeze it out. Self-treatment will only worsen the situation. After opening chiria, you should follow a low carbohydrate diet, eliminate alcohol and drink a course of antibiotics. The most dangerous chiriyev is the boil in the nose. How to treat such an abscess - only the doctor can decide, as is the case with internal boils.
Treatment of boils at home
Before you start home treatment, you must determine at what stage of maturation the abscess is now. At the first stage, when chiry is still being formed, it can be warmed by ultraviolet (a blue lamp, well known to all of us since childhood). It is absolutely safe and will help relieve inflammation, but do not get carried away. As soon as the abscess enters the second stage (when the purulent masses have already matured and the head of the abscess is visible), it can be started with an antibiotic or an ointment containing an antibiotic, such as Levomekol, can be applied. This should be done every day in order to prevent the spread and further accumulation of pus. At the third stage, when the abscess has already opened and the cavity is freed from necrotic masses, the boil should be washed with hydrogen peroxide and a dry dressing should be applied, in order to avoid secondary infection in the abscess cavity. How to treat a boil? The photo shows one of the most famous means of traditional medicine - onions. The following is a recipe for onion "medicine".
It so happens that the first stage of maturation lasts a very long time, bringing great pain to the patient. How to treat the boil quickly to quickly move to the second stage of treatment? To do this, it is necessary to make a compress from gauze soaked in a hypertonic solution or peroxide. Due to osmosis, the ripening of an abscess will significantly accelerate, and the purulent masses, together with the lymph, will emerge.
Traditional methods of treatment
It so happens that the necessary medications were not found in the first-aid kit, and the pharmacies were closed.
How to quickly treat the boil at home in such cases? Various folk recipes used by our great-grandmothers, successfully cured from ulcers, will help to speed up and greatly facilitate the treatment process.
- Take 2 yolks (raw), 1 spoon of honey and half a teaspoon of salt. Mix all this thoroughly and add a little flour at the very end to achieve the consistency of soft clay. Apply this mixture on the boil daily, until the full opening of the abscess.
- Bake the onion and, turning it into a mush, mix with shavings of laundry soap. Apply this mixture on chiriy like a compress, covering with a sterile cloth on top and securing with adhesive tape. Every day you need to make a new portion and change the compress.
- You can simply chop a small garlic and apply it to the tumor in the form of a compress, with a bandage attached to it.
Secrets of quick treatment: how to accelerate the maturation of the boil
How to quickly treat the boil at home? There are many ways, but, unfortunately, not all folk remedies will do. The reason may be the intolerance of certain components, so before using this or that recipe, check (if it is an ointment) the reaction of your skin in a healthy area of the body and only then apply the mixture on the boil.
Here are two universal tools to help speed up the process of maturation of the boil:
- Turmeric - this wonderful spice perfectly boosts immunity and accelerates boil healing, reducing inflammation. Not recommended for people suffering from diseases of the liver and gallbladder. A small amount of turmeric, literally at the tip of a knife, is diluted with water and taken 2 times a day for three days.
- Such a mixture has excellent pulling properties: salt, honey, ginger (ground) and turmeric. All mix and the resulting solution to lubricate the sore spot. It is possible to enhance the effect in the form of a compress.
What not to do with home treatment of boils
Regardless of how you treat a boil, with the help of a doctor or your own home methods, there are a number of rules that should not be violated:
- In no case should you treat the affected surface with colored solutions (for example, brilliant green or iodine). The doctor will be difficult to assess the actual size of the boil.
- Never use non-sterile bandages. The risk of secondary infection is too great.
- After opening the chiriya, it is impossible to wet the sore spot until the wound is completely tightened.
- Never open or pierce a boil. Either he will leave himself, thanks to the treatment, or an abscess will require professional surgical intervention.
Boils on the body
In deciding how to treat boils on the body, we must proceed, first of all, from where exactly the chiry is located. Is there an element of friction and poor ventilation of this place? Is it possible to damage the abscess. All these nuances are extremely important. If there are several furuncles on the body, this is already furunculosis. In this case, home treatment is excluded! Any therapy should be prescribed by a doctor, you may even need a blood transfusion.
If the abscess is one and is located in the zone of hair growth, you should carefully trim them. In no case can not shave, you can cause yourself microtrauma in the localization of the boil, which, in turn, is extremely dangerous additional infection. If possible, avoid any friction in the damaged area. Put on a protective bandage on the compress and wear loose-fitting clothing. Do not squeeze or scratch purulent formation. It is also impossible to moisten chiry with water, so you will have to wash very carefully. But what to do if the boil jumped into place, which is almost impossible to protect from micro-injury? And how to treat boils on the pope? The appearance of chiriya on the buttocks is doubly unpleasant: in addition to the constant itching and burning pain, chiri at this place also delivers tangible discomfort. Be sure to seal the formation with a plaster and try once again not to disturb the sore area. Do not sit on the buttock, where the furuncle is located, but apply all stretching ointments and homemade mixes exclusively for the night.
Boils on face
Boils on the head, and especially on the face - one of the most undesirable species of chirie. And the most dangerous is the furuncle in the nose. How to treat such an abscess? The whole problem is that the blood supply to the head proceeds in a special way. All the blood flowing to the head immediately falls into the area of the skull.
This means that all substances in the soft tissues of the face are very quickly transported to the brain. And in case of improper treatment of the abscess in the nose, there is a high risk of contracting meningitis. Therefore, do not self-medicate. In the event of a boil in the nose, immediately go to the doctor.
If a boil on the lip jumped, how to treat such an abscess? Usually, chirias jump on the upper lip and in the corners of the mouth. It happens that boils spread to the cheeks and cheekbones. Boils on the lip are localized in the extremely dangerous zone of the nasolabial fold, therefore they require the supervision of a physician. Touch your face with your hands as little as possible, wipe the sore spot with hydrogen peroxide, and apply Vishnevsky ointment overnight. Do not interfere with antibiotics. After opening the boil, apply Levomekol to the damaged area 3-4 times a day.
How to treat a baby boil
In children, the appearance of chiri is most often accompanied by symptoms of general intoxication of the body. There is a temperature, headache and weakness, appetite disappears. If the child is an infant, and moreover, the boil is on the face, call an ambulance. Breast children are treated only in the hospital. In children of the year, the boil may well be cured at home. It will be better if you bandage the damaged place so that the baby does not scratch and pick the leaping chiry.
In order to prevent the spread of infection, treat the abscess and the area around it with 70% alcohol. In some cases, if the child does not tolerate pain well, it may be necessary to have an anesthetic injections. Vishnevsky ointment and "Levomekol" will help accelerate the maturation and healing of the abscess.
What is furunculosis?
The purulent-necrotic inflammation that occurs in the hair follicle, affecting the sebaceous gland and the nearby connective tissue - this definition was given to furuncula (in the people - boil) in official medicine. The disease, which occurs as a result of the appearance of such foci of inflammation, has been called "furunculosis". The causative agent of the problem is Staphylococcus aureus: gram-positive pyogenic bacterium. According to the doctors, the boil on the face is not only aesthetically unattractive, but also dangerous. If not treated, it is possible:
- cellulitis of the upper lip,
- phlegmon of the side of the nose,
- phlebitis of the orbital or facial veins,
- thrombosis of the sinuses of the meninges.
Such a list of serious complications arising, if one ignores the boil that has appeared on the face, is caused by the proximity of the blood and lymphatic vessels, through which the infection is carried to the internal organs and the brain. Once fully treated (or correctly), furunculosis becomes chronic, which is characterized by the systematic appearance of single or multiple furuncles on the face or other areas of the body.
Symptoms of a boil on the face
An adult and a child are likely to miss the initial stage of furunculosis, since it is characterized only by a weak itch in the affected area. Slight pain may be observed, but they mostly accompany extensive furunculosis, rather than a single furuncle on the forehead or cheek. If you try to tighten the skin in this area, you can feel a local increase in density (infiltration stage). The following stages of development of the problem:
- Education increases, reddens, therefore becomes noticeable. Under the skin there is a cone with pus. Pain increases, especially when touched to the affected area.
- In the cone you can see a rod that looks like a black dot, and pus nearby. With extensive furunculosis at this stage there is a headache, fever, weakness. More severe, but rare, symptoms are general swelling of the face, reduced vision.
- A breakthrough occurs, the tissues die off, the rod comes out with blood, pus is released. The pain subsides, the sore is crusted.
- Tissues heal, swelling decreases. In place of the boil, a small scar remains.
Extensive furunculosis can affect any area of the face, especially if carbuncles begin to appear (purulent foci combining several hair follicles). They can be observed on the regional line of hair growth, and in men and under the mustache or beard. A single furuncle on the face is more likely to occur in the maxillofacial region, because here the sebaceous glands are especially active, and dirt accumulates in large quantities. The main points of localization on the face:
- nasolabial triangle,
- near the ears
- near the wings of the nose,
- inside the nasal passages,
- the contour of the lips
- on the chin.
Differences boil from acne
At the initial stage, most of the skin rash looks the same - slight reddening, insignificant size, relief change, but as ripening the furuncle on the face acquires the characteristic features. Confuse it with a simple pimple will not succeed, because it is dense, surrounded by edema, and it is characterized by:
- increased soreness at tension of the affected skin area and when touched,
- purulent head,
- an increase in the first days of appearance,
- slow maturation
- itching, tingling, fever in the affected area,
- swollen lymph nodes (with extensive furunculosis).
The causes of the formation of furuncles on the face of an adult
Before starting the preparation of a therapeutic course, it is important to determine the prerequisites for the occurrence of the problem. A boil on the face can provoke improper or inadequate hygiene, especially in people with combination or oily skin, and it is easier to deal with than other factors. Education boils and contribute to:
- impaired metabolism
- severe stress
- undertreated infectious diseases
- decreased immunity, colds,
- hormonal disbalance,
- mechanical damage to the skin.
How to treat a boil on the face
You can cope with single eruptions on your own, but when it comes to furunculosis with a wide area of damage, treatment begins with a visit to a dermatologist. When symptoms of severe intoxication appear, hospitalization and inpatient therapy is required. Home treatment is conservative in nature and involves local treatment with drugs, medication (if necessary) and visits to the physiotherapist’s office. During the fight against furunculosis, several medical recommendations should be followed:
- Treatment of the skin with antibacterial compounds is required daily, affecting not only the site of inflammation, but also the area around it.
- When a dense infiltration is formed, the use of green zeolite or iodine is prohibited, as this will interfere with proper medical examination (if planned).
- Никакого самолечения антибиотиками – все медикаменты для системной терапии назначаются врачом.
При появлении карбункулов следует показаться врачу: самостоятельно вы с ними не справитесь. A similar recommendation for individuals whose solitary eruptions do not break. Some complex cases require autohemotherapy - subcutaneous injection of the patient's own venous blood. Phased treatment of less severe situations in general terms is as follows:
- The application of anti-inflammatory compounds and substances that contribute to a breakthrough.
- The imposition of wet dressings with compositions that help remove purulent contents after opening.
- After removing the pus and necrotic tissue, apply antibacterial ointment to the wounds.
If there is a boil on the face, to behave with him as with the usual pimple, you can not: you can seriously aggravate the situation. Be sure to familiarize yourself with the list of prohibitions put forward to the behavior of a person facing furunculosis so that it does not reach the operating table:
- Do not try to squeeze the boil on the face - the veins passing through this zone are connected to the brain, which can cause serious complications: meningitis, brain abscess.
- Do not open the ripe rash with improvised sharp objects (blade, needle), even if you have treated them with an antiseptic: disinfection without thermal exposure is considered incomplete, therefore infection is not excluded.
- Do not soak the opened furuncle, do not abuse water procedures - at this stage of treatment, permanent dressings and dryness are required.
- Do not touch the boil on the face with your hands - only with sterile cotton, preferably treated with an antiseptic.
Drugs for external use
While the abscess persists, the inflammation is treated with antiseptics — as such, a solution of iodine (a couple of drops per cup of cool water) or boric alcohol is used, Chlorhexidine and Miramistin are less effective. After apply the following categories of ointments:
- Antibacterial or antimicrobial - help to cope with suppuration, used on burns and boils. They destroy the infection (kill the pathogen), stimulate the recovery of the dermis. These qualities have the ointment under the following names: Oflokain, tetracycline, syntomycin.
- Pullout - help the formation of pustules, so that after the boil, he breaks through himself and pus comes out of it. Some of them contribute to the reduction of swelling, have a weak healing properties, relieve pain. Among the effective ointments of this type are Levomekol, Dioxisol, Heparin.
- Healing - have a more pronounced effect of stimulating the regenerative processes of the skin than the antibacterial agents listed above, have anti-inflammatory properties, eliminate redness, and dry. Apply at the last stage or on a single rash. This category includes Vishnevsky's liniment, ichthyol, zinc ointment.
At any stage of furunculosis, drugs that strengthen the immune system, vitamin complexes are useful. According to the testimony of a doctor prescribes the reception of antibiotics of different groups. They help prevent complications, killing the pathogen, and stopping the inflammatory process. Especially doctors advise:
- Lincomycin - with increasing temperature, severe inflammation, the risk of sepsis. Kills pathogenic bacteria 2-3 hours after ingestion, may additionally be applied topically. Appointed when the internal furuncle on the face in the stage of maturation.
- Amoxiclav, Augmentin - combined funds for amoxicillin and clavulanic acid, have a bactericidal effect. Used in the presence of an abscess, the course of treatment is not longer than 5 days.
- Fuzidin sodium - shows high activity against staphylococci, has a bacteriostatic effect. Appointed with phlegmon, abscesses. It takes 7-10 days.
When an abscess cannot break for a long time, some doctors send the patient to a surgeon, but most try to do the last with conservative methods. Among the most effective, but not already available at home, appear physiotherapy. They can be prescribed after the opening of the boil, if the area of the lesion was extensive, and even after surgery - with them the dermis heals faster. The choice between the types of physiotherapy is done by the doctor:
- Ultrasonic radiation at low frequencies helps dissolve the head or open up after maturation.
- Ultraviolet radiation on the affected area helps to reduce the intensity of pain, to remove the burning sensation. Often after the doctor applies antibacterial ointment from boils on the face.
- Use dry laser heat against a ripening abscess for quick opening.
What it is?
A boil is nothing more than an inflammation of a hair follicle. It manifests itself in the form of a large abscess with redness around. Often, the formation of a boil is accompanied by hyperemia (filling the inflamed area with blood), redness, swelling, and pain. It can appear in almost any place in which there is hair. On the soles of the feet and palms the boils never appear.
Usually ripening takes place in several stages. First a small red cone appears. This suggests that a tissue infection has occurred. Then, about the third or fourth day, a white head appears in the center, filled with pus. Within a few days the head should open, but this is not always the case.
If the area of furunculosis on the face is small (single furuncles or small and rare areas of their aggregation), you can try to get rid of them with the help of traditional medicine. The number of procedures required to eliminate boils varies from 5 to 20. In the absence of effect or deterioration, an urgent need to contact a specialist. The most effective and safe face skin recipes:
- Bake the peeled onion in the oven (cook at 180 degrees for 20-25 minutes), let cool to a comfortable temperature. Cut it in half or in smaller pieces, attach to the boil with a cut-off place, hold for half an hour. For more convenience, you can rub a warm onion, mix with a drop of camphor oil and apply as a gruel: it will be easier to fix with a bandage or plaster. The tool will accelerate the exit of the rod. Perform the procedure up to 2 times / day.
- Soak the crumb of black bread with a pair of spoons of warm milk, add a little salt, mix. Apply the obtained gruel to the zones of furunculosis, cover it with parchment and gauze, fix with a plaster. You can keep the compress 4-5 hours: he pulls out the pus and removes the tumor.
- Scald fresh birch leaves, hold them several times on a piece of laundry soap and apply to boils. Cover with gauze and secure with plaster. Remove after 2-3 hours - this tool will stimulate the release of pus.
- Mash a piece of propolis and combine with butter or animal fat (1: 4 ratio), warm for 1.5 hours in a water bath, not allowing to boil. Lubricate the wounds remaining in the affected areas after the release of pus, up to 2 p / day. The mixture will promote healing of the skin.
In the absence of positive results from conservative therapy, or if the furunculosis on the face is extensive, and the suppuration is strong, a forced autopsy is indicated. It is meaningless to treat matured formations that have not broken through, since the core remaining inside will turn the problem into a chronic one. In modern medicine there are 2 options for surgical intervention:
- Classic - using a scalpel, the surgeon produces tissue separation, cutting the abscess, and removes the purulent-necrotic masses, treats the wound with an antiseptic, puts a turunda with an antibiotic. The operation is performed under local anesthesia, so the removal is painless, but after daily ligation has to be done (within 1-2 weeks). Assign a classical technique for the risks of cellulitis of the skin or abscess.
- Laser - there is a point burning of the boil, so there are no scars. The rehabilitation period after the operation where the laser was used is short, no ligation is required.
What is boil
The people have a furuncle has a different, more common name - chiry. The second term in medicine is not used, therefore the official name of the disease, in which an abscess appears on the skin is furunculosis. The boil is called a purulent core, which is located under the skin, and on top, in the form of a hemisphere, there is only a small part of the dead skin cells. Often, boils are confused with acne - they have the same size, about 2-3 mm, a purulent hue, but the boil is more painful and a reddish ring appears around the abscess.
Chiry can appear on any part of the skin, but most often it occurs in the armpits, buttocks, neck, groin or in areas where hair is predominant. Boils often occur in autumn or winter, at a time when there is little sunlight.
Why do chiri appear on the skin
The main reason for the occurrence of boils - an excessive amount of bacteria staphylococcus and streptococcus. The rods of these dangerous microorganisms penetrate the hair follicle, causing inflammation, which is why pus appears. In a healthy body, the quantitative content of this type of bacteria is normal. Only during the disease they multiply rapidly and localize to a more vulnerable area of the skin.
Why can there be an intensive reproduction of staphylococci and streptococci?
- Violation of personal hygiene. Due to the fact that a person carelessly treats his purity, an imbalance of beneficial and harmful bacteria can occur. Rare washing of the body and hands, inadequate skin care - this is one of the main causes of boils.
- Immune weakening. Very often, due to periodic diseases, the immunity is weakened, and the ability to combat pests decreases. Furunculosis can begin in people with diabetes who have undergone a course of chemotherapy or radiation, as well as in patients with AIDS and HIV infections.
- Purulent formations on the skin can appear due to gastrointestinal diseases, hormonal disorders, or diseases of the endocrine system.
- Boils often appear on places where it is constantly wet and wet. They can also occur when hypothermia or overheating of the body.
Since the main cause of the furuncle is a bacterial infection, it can either develop intensively or maintain the same balance. It all depends on how strong the human immune system is.
Attention! This is important for self-healing!
If you suspect that the arisen abscess is not a pimple, but a boil, immediately consult a doctor. He will prescribe medicines that will quickly deal with such an unpleasant disease. However, if you do not have time and rely only on your own strength, pay attention to the fact that the boil should never be picked, punctured and squeezed out! Remember, furunculosis is a bacterial infection! With only one abscess, it can spread throughout the body, if you neglect caution and try to squeeze it out yourself.
The best thing you can do is to smear the infected area with green paint or iodine, in extreme cases, to process it with hydrogen peroxide. Once again it is worth reminding: it is impossible to squeeze and pierce a boil yourself!
How to get rid of the boil
There are two methods of getting rid of chiry on the body:
- Conservative treatment
- Surgical treatment
The conservative is that the patient should periodically lubricate the damaged area of the body with salicylic or boric alcohol, to monitor hygiene. If a high body temperature occurs, a course of antibiotics is prescribed. To speed up the process of natural opening of the boil, you can apply a warm dry dressing.
Surgical treatment, that is, the opening of the boil, is carried out only by a doctor. After the main culprit of the purulent process, the rod, leaves the wound, the wound is washed and a fine bandage is applied to it with Vishnevsky ointment. In order for the infection not to spread to the nearest site, the wound is periodically smeared with Levomekol or Ezithromycin ointment. They must be used until the damaged area of the skin is completely tightened. If the boil was too wide and its removal was rather difficult, a visit to the dressing room may be necessary.
In particularly neglected situations and when the body is too weak to fight a bacterial infection on its own, a course of immunotherapy may be prescribed. In order for the body to develop its own immunity to staphylococcus and streptococcus, special vaccines can be prescribed. In the most extreme cases, when boils have moved from a single form to a multiple form, a full course of antibiotics or even a blood transfusion may be required.
If you do not want to bring your sore to such an extreme outcome, immediately after the appearance of a strange tubercle, begin to carry out preventive measures. Remember, any disease is easier to cure at an early stage!
A furuncle is a consequence of bacteria entering the hair bag, most often staphylococci. They penetrate the skin and cause inflammation of the sac itself, as well as the surrounding tissues.
Causes of inflammation can be very diverse:
- Non-compliance with personal hygiene. For example, if the skin is constantly contaminated, and while it is periodically damaged (for example, when combing or rubbing on the coarse fabric of clothing), a boil may appear.
- Poor epilation. During this procedure, the hair follicle may be damaged, which will lead to the appearance of a furuncle.
- Various skin lesions, such as cuts, scratches, abrasions, and so on.
- Hypothermia A boil can be a manifestation of a cold, it happens quite often.
- Sharp climate change. Boils often appear in servicemen moving from one place to another.
- Reduced immunity or weakening of the body as a result of illness, exacerbation of chronic diseases, poisoning, metabolic disorders, vitamin deficiencies, and so on. In this case, the body cannot withstand the attacks of pathogenic microorganisms.
What can not be done?
First, you should list the actions that can harm:
- Warm up or warm wet compresses. Heat and moisture are the most favorable breeding ground for bacteria, so heating can cause the infection to spread to nearby tissues.
- Squeezing the boil alone. This will lead to damage to the surrounding tissues and the ingress of pathogens into them. And this, in turn, will provoke sepsis - infection of the blood and all tissues of the body (this is the threat of a lethal outcome).
- Opening the purulent head with a needle, knife or other sharp object. Even if you disinfect them (treat them with alcohol or antiseptics), you still cannot achieve absolute sterility, so such manipulations can lead to sepsis.
- Do not wait for a long time to open the boil. If this did not happen within the first three or four days, then, most likely, the infection began to spread to nearby tissues, as well as to the lymphatic vessels, and this threatens with phlegmon or sepsis.
- Bathing, especially if the abscess was opened. Tap water in any case will contain a lot of pathogens.
- Acceptance of antibacterial agents. Yes, it may be necessary, especially if the bacteria begin to spread throughout the body. But the selection of such drugs should be carried out only by a doctor after examination and identification of the infectious agent.
- The use of folk remedies after the opening of the abscess. In any of them, there will definitely be pathogens.
- Take hot baths or visit the bath.
What can you do?
What can be done at home?
- You can use one of the local drugs that have anti-inflammatory, pulling and anti-bacterial effects. These include Vishnevsky ointment, ichthyol, "Levomekol" and some other means.
- With strong pain, you can use painkillers, and both local (for example, lidocaine) and the general effect (“Nurofen”).
- You can use some folk remedies to accelerate ripening, but only until the opening. So, it will help gruel from fresh onions and milk, a mixture of honey with flour, propolis, garlic gruel, laundry soap, as well as decoctions of medicinal plants, such as oak bark, calendula or chamomile.
Any manipulations only with clean hands, before each procedure, wash them with antibacterial soap!
When do I need to see a doctor?
Immediately visit the doctor in the following cases:
- The abscess is not opened within three to four days.
- If there is no head boil.
- If the body temperature rises. This indicates the spread of infection.
- If the abscess is very large.
- If the boil appears in the spine or on the face. The facial part is directly connected with the systemic blood flow, and the vertebral - with the spinal cord.
- If boils appear too often. This requires drastic measures.
- If the pain is very strong and prevents normal movement.
- The treatment does not give any results.
- Если от фурункула отходят скрытые под кожей красные полоски. Это сигнал лимфангита – воспаления лимфатических сосудов.
In these cases, it is worth as soon as possible to see a specialist, namely to the surgeon. He will open the furuncle, making a small incision, after which he will install a drainage through which the pus will be removed. Then, if necessary, stitches will be applied. Until complete healing, daily treatments with antiseptics such as Miramistin, hydrogen peroxide or Chlorhexidine will be required.
How to avoid relapses?
To get rid of boils forever, you need to find out the main reason for their appearance. To do this, it is worth going through a complete examination and by all means passing blood tests.
For example, if immunity is reduced, then it should be strengthened. If bacteria are found in the body, then you need to undergo a full course of antibiotic therapy. You should also choose clothes from natural delicate fabrics and wash them more often and, of course, follow the rules of personal hygiene.
Treat boils properly to avoid serious consequences!
How to remove?
Methods of getting rid of boils depend on the vastness and severity of the infectious process. In most cases, boils are cured by themselves (with or without an autopsy). Self-healing time takes from 8-10 to 14-15 days.
To relieve the condition, patients often resort to folk remedies. If they do not help, you should contact the clinic. The doctor may prescribe medication using external means, pills or injections, or surgical treatment. Also, patients try to squeeze the growth, but this is not worth it.
Classic removal method
Surgical intervention is possible after the formation of a necrotic rod inside the purulent bag. Necrotic core - dense purulent lump of yellowish-greenish color. The stem consists of dead cells of the hair follicles and inflamed tissue. After removal of this substrate, an opening is formed in the abscess canal through which the remaining pus flows freely, after which the canal is scarred. The operation is carried out in the following order:
- the patient is given local anesthesia,
- the surgeon incises a tissue with a scalpel over the central channel of the boil,
- the doctor widens the wound, removes the remaining pus and necrotic rod,
- the boil cavity is washed (with peroxide, potassium permanganate solution or other drug),
- An antibacterial drug is introduced into the cleaned cavity (as a powder, suspension, gel),
- a rubber tube is inserted into the cavity for outflow of pus (drainage),
- a dry dressing is applied to the wound and secured with a plaster.
Dressing do daily. The wound is treated with an antiseptic during the dressing, an antibiotic is introduced into the cavity. The process of wound healing takes from one week to a month.
Using a laser
The method is used if a small abscess or furuncle jumped, as well as in the treatment of acne. The boil is affected by the directed laser radiation, which evaporates the affected tissues and blood along with the contents of the purulent sac. A small scar remains at the treatment site and disappears over time. Laser surgery has several advantages:
- during treatment the wound almost does not bleed,
- no need for local anesthesia,
- repeated suppuration of a wound is excluded,
- wound surface heals quickly,
- surrounding tissues are hardly injured,
- in the postoperative period, the patient has no pain.
Drug treatment of boils
If a small boil jumped out and the inflammation did not pass to the tissues surrounding it, then you can fight it with the help of external preparations.
The most common and effective external remedies for chiryas are ichthyol ointment, Vishnevsky ointment, Levomekol, Levomycetin, Tetracycline, Gentamicin ointment.
The main ingredient of ichthyol ointment is the ammonium salt of sulfonic acids of shale oil. This is a product of oil refining containing sulfur.
Ichthyol ointment reduces pain and contributes to the rapid opening of the abscess.
It imposes on a furuncle, changing the bandage once or twice a day.
Vishnevsky ointment is one of the most effective outdoor remedies for boils.
In the composition of the drug - birch tar, xeroform and castor oil.
Ointment impose on the abscess throughout the entire period of treatment.
A good remedy for abscesses is Levomekol ointment.
Medicinal Levomekol's components - an antibiotic chloramphenicol and methyluracil.
Ointment on a gauze napkin is applied to an abscess, the dressing is changed once a day.
Treatment regimens using tablets and injections are developed for each individual patient. Antibiotic therapy is indicated if the patient has previously been diagnosed:
- AIDS and HIV
- other serious infections.
With the rapid development of a purulent process, serious consequences are possible. Antibiotic therapy is also prescribed if complications arise due to the boil:
- lymphadenitis (infectious inflammation of the lymph nodes),
- thrombophlebitis (the formation of blood clots with inflammation of the walls of the veins),
- lymphangitis (infection of the lymphatic vessels).
The list of antibiotics shown in the treatment of purulent infections is constantly updated with new drugs. The antibiotics of the cephalosporins group have a good therapeutic effect:
From the antibiotics of the penicillin group to bring the boils can be the following drugs:
- Amoxicillin and others.
From antibiotics of the old generation tetracycline and gentamicin are effective for removing boils. Gentamicin tablets are not prescribed to children and pregnant women, for these patients the doctor selects other drugs.
The leaves of lilac are finely chopped and abraded in a cast-iron mortar to the state of gruel. A slurry is put in a thick layer on a cotton-gauze pad and attached with a plaster to an abscess.
This remedy is good pulls out a purulent mass, has anesthetic, anti-inflammatory and antipyretic effect. The dressing is changed three times a day. Treatment is continued until the gruel pulls most of the pus out of the boil.
A mixture of buckwheat flour and soda
Buckwheat is calcined in a frying pan until it dries. After that, the grits are ground into flour in a cast-iron mortar. Add half a teaspoon of baking soda and a little water to the product to make a thick mixture.
From the mixture make cakes. Means impose on boil, cover with gauze, which is fixed with a plaster. Flapjacks are changed twice a day until the abscess opens.
Thick sheet of aloe is cut on one side and gently unfold. The juicy side of the leaf is applied to the boil. The sheet is fixed with adhesive tape or gauze bandage.
Pad change twice a day. This is a very good remedy for boils, which for a long time can not "mature" and open up. Sheet used and when the abscess was opened, but the discharge of pus occurs slowly.
To prevent boils, you should always disinfect accidentally damaged skin. At any time of the year, you should regularly take a shower and wash with soap. Do not wear rubbing clothes. Dirty everyday and work clothes should be washed in a timely manner. If the boils appear regularly, they have tortured you and you cannot withdraw them, you should reduce the consumption of protein foods and sugar. It is impossible to self-medicate, only a doctor can prescribe the correct treatment.
How to distinguish furuncle from common pimple
- The first few days at the site of the source of inflammation there is a pronounced redness without a clear boundary and a slight condensation,
- the skin in this place is warmer than in other parts of the body - this means that there is an inflammatory process inside.
- there is itching and tingling,
- unlike the common pimple, the boil from the first days is very painful when touched, a small edema forms around the seal.
- the appearance of a boil may be accompanied by increased body temperature, headache, enlarged lymph nodes,
- The pimple matures fairly quickly, and the boil is located in the deeper layers of the skin, so the symptoms worsen every day, and the disease is more painful.
In order to cure the boil faster and prevent the appearance of new inflammations, it is necessary to find the cause of the abscess:
- Poor hygiene - in case of poor skin cleansing, the pores become clogged, sweat and sebum create a favorable environment for the development of microbes.
- Impaired immunity, colds and infectious diseases - This is the most common cause of boils. A healthy body can cope with germs and bacteria, but in a weakened one they begin to destroy the tissue, forming suppurations.
- Hormonal failure, impaired metabolic processes - due to imbalance, the protective functions of the body are reduced, and bacteria penetrate the hair follicle without any obstacles.
- Body infections - Very often, with an interrupted course of treatment with antibiotics, a part of microorganisms remains in the body, which provoke the appearance of boils.
- Ingrown hairs and microtraumasthrough which infection easily penetrates. A boil can also occur as a result of squeezing pimples with infection under the skin.
- Prolonged physical and nervous exhaustion, stress.
- Diseases of the intestinal tract, alcoholism.
The seal has a conical shape, slightly raised above the skin. With the defeat of the face and neck around the follicle an extensive edema is formed, growing throbbing or jerking pains.
Pain occurs not only when you press or move the facial muscles, but also as an independent symptom. When pressed, the springy movement of pus inside the follicle is felt.
Localization of the boil on the face is already the basis for the hospitalization of the patient, so the treatment of furunculosis should be under the supervision of a dermatologist, surgeon or therapist.
Sometimes the therapist gives a referral for a consultation to the dentist, especially in case of severe furunculosis, because with the wrong treatment the facial nerves may be affected.
The patient is shown bed rest, if the boil is located on the ears or neck, then friction of the abscess about clothes should be excluded. It is necessary to refuse fatty, fried and spicy food during treatment, to exclude alcohol.
Local antiseptic treatment
For processing you can use:
- 70% alcohol,
- salicylic alcohol,
- hydrogen peroxide (3%),
- furatsilina solution.
Rubbing the skin, do not rub the furuncle, disinfect the inflammation center several times a day, change pillowcases often and do not touch the boil with your hands.
Antibiotics for boils on the face
Antibiotics are also prescribed so that furunculosis does not turn into a chronic condition and does not reappear. The drug is selected individually depending on the patient's condition and the clinical picture of the disease.
Most often, cephalexin, amoxiclav, fuzidin-sodium is prescribed. If the boil occurs against other diseases, and the general state of the body is depleted, prescribe antibiotics as intramuscular injections.
Locally superimposed compresses with anti-inflammatory drugs, ointments with antibiotic components composed of: Tetracycline ointment, Erythromycin, Bactroban, Baneotsin.
Apply a thin layer of ointment on a cotton pad and apply it to the boil twice a day. After opening the abscess, you can also apply compresses, but already on the area around the furuncle.
Autohemotherapy is a common method of treating inflammatory processes, in which the patient is subcutaneously or intramuscularly injected with blood taken from his own vein.
With the re-introduction of blood finds the source of the disease and destroys it, as a result, the procedure stimulates the immune system and improves metabolic processes.
In the pharmacy, there are many brands of drugs, at the heart of almost all absorbable gels are heparin and silicone - agents that activate blood flow.
The most popular remedies for scars: Strataderm, Mederma, Contratubex, Heparin ointment, Bodyaga.
What not to do
Faster than expected, it will not pass, and the infection and pus will spread to the surrounding healthy tissue.
When you try to squeeze the boil on the face, thrombosis of the veins of the brain may develop.
Here are the other things that can not be done with furunculosis:
- Do not brush and touch the affected skin as little as possible: if an additional infection gets into the boil, the inflammation center will increase, and the more the boil, the more likely it is complications, and the harder it is to get rid of the ugly scar on the face.
- Try not to wet the affected area. and do not apply wet compresses, so that the infection does not get to the nearest skin areas, and one furuncle does not cause furunculosis.
- It is impossible to warm up the boil and put the heater. Some mistakenly believe that heat contributes to the rapid eruption of the abscess, but because the boil forms deep in the skin layer, the inflammation will only increase, blood flow will increase, and the likelihood of pus in the blood will increase, which will deliver it directly to the brain.
Even a single abscess can leave an infection in the body and undermine immunity.
If you find yourself experiencing symptoms of boil, it is better to immediately consult a doctor in order to start treatment as soon as possible and avoid recurrence of the disease.
The usual course of treatment for facial furunculosis includes:
- The use of antebacterial drugs that reduce inflammation (Levomekol, Tetratsilin, Gioksizon), and physiotherapy (UHF, UFO), reduce the time of maturation of ulcers.
- Cleansing the body with blood transfusions, a special diet and taking vitamins to strengthen impaired immunity.
Etiology of boils
The main and most frequent cause of development of the disease is staphylococcus aureus, less often - a different kind of microorganisms (epidermal staphylococci, streptococci, etc.).
The list of other reasons that create a favorable environment for staphylococcus include:
- Poor hygiene
- The presence of wounds or damage to the dermis of the face through which the infection penetrates
- Thin dermis
- Weakened immunity
- The presence of ailments of the liver, nervous system, kidneys, organs of the digestive system, etc.,
- Skin diseases (fungi, eczema, dermatitis),
- Acceptance of antibiotics for a long time.
Accurate identification of the root cause of the disease, will allow you to better determine what and how to cure the boil.
The clinical picture of the disease
Purulent boil can be distinguished from acne by the specific symptoms of the disease. Moreover, the manifestation of the disease varies depending on the stage:
- The first stage is characterized by the presence of itchy sensations,
- The second stage is an internal furuncle, which from the outside looks like a reddened bump, painfully perceptible when touched. At this stage, accumulation of pus begins in the affected follicle,
- At the third stage, a necrotic rod appears, consisting of dead tissue, surrounded by pus. At this stage, there can be weakness, headache and even fever,
- The fourth stage - breakthrough boil and tightening the wound,
- The fifth stage is the healing stage. Symptoms (swelling, pain, etc.) go away, a bright scar appears, which will disappear with time.
In order to determine how quickly to treat the resulting boil on the face, it is important to promptly contact the specialists who will prescribe the proper treatment.
Differences boil from ordinary acne
Although these two problems have an external similarity (you can see the photo on the network), but the consequences of them are completely different. Therefore, it is necessary to clearly distinguish between them in order to understand how to treat and how to cure them:
- At the site of the boil the first few days you can see a bright red spot with blurred borders. There will be a slight compaction to the touch,
- When touched, you can feel that the skin in this place has a slightly higher temperature. This indicates the inflammatory process inside,
- Under the skin, a person feels a slight tingling and slight itching,
- The place of maturation of the boil is very painful from the first days of its formation. Often swelling spreads around the formation,
- Often the formation of boils is accompanied by fever, headaches and an increase in lymph nodes, especially not far from the localization of the formation,
- Acne ripening takes little time. But the boil matures much longer. This is due to the fact that, unlike acne, the latter is located much deeper.
If you do not know what a boil looks like and are not able to independently determine what constitutes an education on your face, then you need to consult a doctor. Otherwise, an attempt to solve the problem on your own at home can lead to even greater problems.
Another difference is that a pimple usually disappears on its own for a couple of days, while the development of a boil takes much more days.
First of all, specialists at the first stage of the disease recommend conducting local treatment with an antiseptic before the boil is ripe. In addition, it is recommended to change bed linen daily.
A quite effective remedy for boils is UV-therapy, which allows you to disinfect the wound and has a regenerating effect. In addition to UV therapy, laser therapy may be prescribed.
In the chronic form of the disease, antibiotics are usually prescribed with a wide spectrum of action. Их назначают, когда на лице присутствует подкожный чирей.After examining the pus after opening the boil, an adjustment can be made to antibiotic therapy, taking into account the sensitivity of microorganisms that provoke the disease.
It is not uncommon to surgically remove boils. In this case, the purification of the focus occurs much faster. After cleaning the focus, as a rule, dressings with ointments (Levomekol, Sintomitsin, Erythromycin, etc.) are prescribed.
If the disease is recurrent in nature, antistaphylococcal immunoglobulin injections can be given.
How to remove traces after acne? Read this article.
Experts, before starting to treat a boil that appears on the face, conduct a survey to identify the source of the problem and prescribe a competent and effective treatment.
More about treatment
The faster it starts, the faster the boil will mature and the faster it can be removed.
The very location of the inflammation on the face is the reason for the hospitalization of the patient. Here, many are interested, and what doctor treats boil? The following specialists are involved in the treatment of a boil: a dermatologist, a therapist and a surgeon. In severe cases, the dentist also comes in, since with improper treatment the nerve endings can be affected.
It is recommended at the time of treatment to abandon the use of fatty, fried and spicy foods. It is necessary to exclude from the diet and alcoholic beverages, including beer.
As soon as it turns out that a boil is ripening on your face, it is necessary to begin treatment of the affected area with antiseptic agents. To do this, use:
- Alcohol medical strength of 70%,
- Salicylic alcohol,
- Three percent hydrogen peroxide,
- Furatsilina solution.
Do not use iodine for skin treatment. The fact is that this drug is intended to act in the inner layers of the skin, in our case this will lead to the fact that the ailment will receive an impetus to additional development.
A circle with a radius of about 4–5 cm will be processed, this will prevent the spread of inflammation further and will prevent new pathogens from entering the wound.
It is possible to treat boil effectively and at home, but it is advisable to get a consultation with a doctor beforehand.
Ichthyol ointment or Vishnevsky is most often used for self-treatment of a boil. Both allow you to quickly ripen the acne and go out with pus. It is necessary to apply it on the affected area several times a day, but not to rub it. You can make compresses with these ointments. Before opening, they can also be treated with calendula tincture or iodine.
When the boil will burst, it is extremely important to thoroughly treat it with peroxide. Cover an open wound with gauze to prevent infection.
If a boil or carbuncles do not descend after self-treatment, you should not postpone the visit to a specialist, otherwise you will not avoid serious consequences.
Nature Recipes from Boils
Well when dealing with suppurations on the face, plantain copes. It allows you to pull the pus out faster than usual. To do this, you need to attach a sheet on the center of the disease (bandage or plaster), replacing every 2 hours.
Aloe will also speed up the boil treatment process. It is also necessary to use it as a plantain, applying to the inflamed place.
To remove boils from the face, you can use homemade ointments, which are quite simple to prepare.
Recipe ointment for the early maturation of the boil:
All components mix. The resulting cake is changed twice a day. Use until pus comes out.
Home therapy of boils can bring good results, but only a specialist can know how to get rid of the disease without a fast relapse.
Here's what you can not do with the boil:
- Try not to comb the boil, despite the itching. In general, you need to touch him as little as possible. After all, it is likely that an additional infection will get into the wound, which means that inflammation will be great. This in turn means that treatment will be harder, and the likelihood of complications will increase. In addition, the scar from the wound will be more
- Also, the affected area does not need to wet and apply wet compresses to it. Again, this can serve as an increase in inflammation and one boil can cause extensive boils,
- There is a mistaken opinion that if the boil is heated, it will mature quickly. And that means faster burst. So to warm it in any case is not necessary. The abscess is located quite deep in the skin, especially the so-called internal furuncle. Therefore, under the influence of heat only the blood flow to it will increase. This can lead to the fact that the pus enters the bloodstream and further to the brain.
It consists in maintaining general hygiene, strengthening the immune system and timely treatment of infectious diseases.
Also get rid of such a bad habit, like squeezing out inflammations on the face. This is the most common cause of furunculosis. Scroll at your leisure what is boil and how to treat boil.
Video: Fast boil cure: